Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Worrying decision. Keogh makes mistakes when he feels the pressure, and he clearly feels that pressure more with the armband. His game is now likely to go to pot. More worrying though, is that Wassall is now making what looks like medium term decisions. Maybe it is Wassall for the rest of the season - Mel really does just want a yes man in post then. 

Didn't he win player of the year when he was captain?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ColchesterRam said:

Great decision by Wassall. True leader and has been very consistent in his performances this season. I just hope he can deal with the pressure of it this time round.

Just now, Beagle said:

One poor decision followed quickly by another

Ah, opinions. :D

20 minutes ago, StapenhillRam said:

Just an observation, but watch how much Keogh rants and moans at Cyrus if he makes a mistake. 

He destroyed Cyrus last season, and we all saw his form dip as a result.

Keep an eye on it against MK Dons on Saturday.

Think you see something very different to me then dude... From the start of the season he was the one organising the defence... He was the one boosting Shackell when he made mistakes... And he's always giving Christie positive reinforcement when he does stuff well... 

Got to be purely for getting the dressing room back to how it was, kinda like hitting the reset button and trying to forget the last few months.

Dont think its the right decision however, Keogh has already had a few mistakes slip into his game of late and I dont think giving him the armband again will do him any favours with his concentration etc. Dont like the way he berates players like Christie nor his attitude towards the fans at the end of last season whilst wearing the armband.

Carson or Shackell would of been better choices.

We'll blow me down, a captain that's actually on the pitch. Whatever next?!?!

its a different Keogh this year because he's got shackles next to him and a stable confident Christie. Not whoever they played at RB and CB last year which was quite a few different people.

20 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Got to be purely for getting the dressing room back to how it was, kinda like hitting the reset button and trying to forget the last few months.

Dont think its the right decision however, Keogh has already had a few mistakes slip into his game of late and I dont think giving him the armband again will do him any favours with his concentration etc. Dont like the way he berates players like Christie nor his attitude towards the fans at the end of last season whilst wearing the armband.

Carson or Shackell would of been better choices.

Why are people so convinced that he berates Christie? I've only ever seen Keogh with hi arm round players shoulders giving them pep talks... Or yelling in their face when they do something well (which I'd suggest is a motivational, adrenaline pumping yelling)...

And I'm pretty sure his attitude towards the fans was 1 million times less bad than their response to him...

Archived