Clement gone.

Rev

One thing I have realised is that on this forum you cannot have an alternative view (which in my case is the same as  a lot of independent observers) without being patronised. This should be about healthy debate and not being the one with the highest and mightiest opinion. 

I will renew my season ticket because as a Life long fan I haven't got a choice and IF Mel does deliver what he espouses then I will be very very happy. But bear in mind (if you're old enough) we have seen this all before in various forms and call me a cynic but I remain to be convinced about the man-management capabilities of the board. I was  not impressed by way the story developed with each interview almost like the reasoning had been created on the hoof and now appears that on the forum, unless this is taken de facto, it is not favourable to challenge. Regardless things need to be challenged or questioned and to this end I hope I am proved wrong about what I believe has happened behind the scenes.

I also note that not one on this forum has opined (in this thread) if this scenario will happen again.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

One thing I have realised is that on this forum you cannot have an alternative view (which in my case is the same as  a lot of independent observers) without being patronised. This should be about healthy debate and not being the one with the highest and mightiest opinion.

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

You can have an alternate view on the forum. It's just tensions are high so everyone is a bit snappy.

There's only a few posters that like to patronise etc. Ignore 'em. They'll work themselves to a ban one day. 

Just in case I'm being tarred with the patronising brush - Nothing wrong with alternative views at all and opinions based on different interpretation of the facts but I reserve the right to argue when people shout opinions and theories either ignoring the facts or not bothering to check them out.

Anyway, life's too short. As you were......

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

More importantly,

Will we bet in someone who could match Clement's dapper suits? He usually looked smart.

This is where it all started going wrong, when he started rocking the suit/jumper combo - like Billy before him, and Doggie up the road, it seemingly transforms it's wearer into a blithering buffoon......

4352854.jpg?htype=276&display=1&type=mc3

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Putting up a thought piece by another fan doesn't suddenly make it anymore factually correct than your opinion or my opinion. Also... doesn't require yet another new thread.

Get off my back please just for one day Mr moderator 

Start throwing your key board around I've met people like you before. 

I am definitely not ITK, but I don't buy any of this rubbish about not following a plan or short-termism, it's all a smoke screen for something else. The speed of this dismissal and change in MM's opinion of Paul Clement says to me this decision has nothing to do with football matters at all and is more related to a persons conduct. What I also find strange is that Paul Clement has not put out a statement of any kind since Monday even through the League Managers Association, who generally have something to say when one of their members has been sacked in such circumstances.

After a run of no wins in 2016 (excluding a 2-1 victory away at Hartlepool in the FA Cup), some may say the sacking was deserved.

However, I would suggest those people know very little about football and have clearly not listened to Chairman Mel Morris’ words all season, saying that promotion this season is not a must and progress is the aim.

Probably not the best idea to start an article insulting a large portion of those reading.

The writer lost all credibility for me early on when they claimed that progress was being made.

Really?. You claim to have watched us all season and can come to that conclusion?.

The rest is just the same innuendo and assumption based rubbish we've seen a dozen times before.

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't like this sacking and I'm not happy .

i don't forget so quick as most probably do  

Ill let Wassall have his honeymoon period. 

We all know you're not happy, the constant threads being started linking things being written by people who are unhappy about it / people we don't like being happy about it make that perfectly clear. But both you and everyone responding to you, including myself, are just repeating ourselves now. Everything that is going to be said has been said in my opinion, if you think that's not the case fair enough, promote discussion but do it in a thread that already exists. All you're doing is pushing threads of potentially interesting topics off the front page.

19 minutes ago, Supermac said:

I am definitely not ITK, but I don't buy any of this rubbish about not following a plan or short-termism, it's all a smoke screen for something else. The speed of this dismissal and change in MM's opinion of Paul Clement says to me this decision has nothing to do with football matters at all and is more related to a persons conduct. What I also find strange is that Paul Clement has not put out a statement of any kind since Monday even through the League Managers Association, who generally have something to say when one of their members has been sacked in such circumstances.

What he said !        :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We all know you're not happy, the constant threads being started linking things being written by people who are unhappy about it / people we don't like being happy about it make that perfectly clear. But both you and everyone responding to you, including myself, are just repeating ourselves now. Everything that is going to be said has been said in my opinion, if you think that's not the case fair enough, promote discussion but do it in a thread that already exists. All you're doing is pushing threads of potentially interesting topics off the front page.

You mean the pro Wassall and Mel agenda and the anti Clement one.  Ok I get it

Archived