Derby County v Milton Keynes Dons

Chris Mills

8 hours ago, Anon said:

Butterfield isn't so strong defensively, that's why we don't normally play him in the DM role. It's debatable whether our centre backs should need the additional protection of a DM against the franchise so I think we might see a 4-2-3-1 with Butterfield and Hendrick at centre mid and Bryson playing off Martin.

Indeed.

Why would you want a man who can run, pass and shoot as your defensive midfielder?

He should be at the front of a four man midfield diamond.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team I would like;

Carson

Christie    Keogh     Shackell     Olsson

Russell    Bryson    Butterfield   Camara

Blackman   Martin

But I think the side will be very close to the one on Saturday with maybe one change, nothing drastic. The 433 will keep being used until the end of the season so my formation is out the window but its still something id like to see. I feel playing Blackman next to Martin would help his game rather than being stuck out on the left wing getting criticized most games. I understand he played a lot of games on the wing for Reading but they play differently to us so I'd get his confidence back up by putting him in a position he wants to play because so far he's not impressed me but with Martin not scoring we need someone to step up. Martin seems to be setting goals up for fun so let him feed Blackman. 

20 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Is your problem that its been a total waste of money? So here is my team selection for Saturday:-

Carson; Christie,Keogh,Buxton,Warnock. Hendrick,Bryson.Hanson,Calero.Bennett,Martin. Subs:-

Anybody from the Under 21s or Academy. Others may do better,but remember your not allowed to

pick anybody that's been bought since PC became manager,because we didn't need to spend it

apparently.

This is how my wife debates team selection. Are you female? 

I like Hanson but I'd still have Baird in at CDM, Eustace proved that you don't have to be young, mobile or anywhere near your prime to perform that role well. Requires a bit of know how, that'll come in time for Hanson. 

I've completely lost interest in what formation we play and PC will be damned if he sticks with 433 and damned if he changes it so let's just get on with it. 

Carson

Christie.     Keogh.   Shackel   Olson 

Hendrick.  Butterfield Bryson Russell 

Ince off Martin or bent next to him

Martin

decent side opportunity knocks

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

Christie.     Keogh.   Shackel   Olson 

Hendrick.  Butterfield Bryson Russell 

Ince off Martin or bent next to him

Martin

decent side opportunity knocks

ince is better where he was on Saturday

10 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Ince is better on the pitch he is the one who can turn the game with a bit of individual brillance.Every team needs one, these type of players on their day are virtually unplayable,but when it is not they can seem to be a passenger.

n that's exactly what he is a passenger

---------------Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

---------------Baird

-------Bryson-------Hendrick

Ince--------Martin-------Russell

Subs: Grant, Warnock, Buxton, Butterfield, Johnson, Bent, Camara

I think the team at Fulham deserves a chance at home, bar Weimann who just doesn't seem to work for me. Same for Blackman so far.

6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I could give you lot more games than that where he was passenger, think before you speak

Are you joking? He's human, not a machine, he can't be expected to produce magic in front of your massively expectant eyes whenever it pleases you. Give him a break, he's on track to be doing exactly as well as he was doing while at Blackpool.

Archived