Derby County v Milton Keynes Dons

Chris Mills

1 hour ago, peachmyster said:

I'm sorry but warnock is to old to slow now yes he always gives 100%  but with him in the team it was always a sideways pass and he  did not see the runs the forwards were making

To be fair, most of the time, I don't see them either! And I'm sat on my backside in the stand, so I've plenty of time. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always worried about our midfield without hughes and thorne... Our passing game just doesn't work without them. Throwing bent weimann martin and ince up front is all very well but we need to sort the midfield out. The goals have dried up but these guys can all score goals  given the service. 

The self-appointed 'Guv'nor'. Big managerial success, huh? Don't let that happen, MM!

Can't abide Ince Snr - though he might take his lost little boy Tommy to one side and play back his recent DCFC performances to him, and ask if he thinks he is earning his corn. Someone's got to!

When will these 'great' players of ours emerge from their self-doubt and stage-fright and become a team?

:blink: 

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

It's lucky we have enough points to stay up. Championship for us next season. No ambition from a deluded chairman. I will not be surprised with an exodus of season ticket holders at the end of the season I know I am considering it. An utter disgrace.

Good point, we might get zero points to the end of the season now. Oh, maybe that's another overreaction. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I know people are disappointed but I'd say to everyone - please try to keep a little perspective. 

I am not sure there is much to consider. We are 6th just but are the worst team in the league for form. The sooner this season is done the better. At least we can try and rebuild. 

Nothing to do with sat performance,seen it happen on many occasions,But this squad put together by the new recruitment policy,need a professional manager to sort it out,Wassell-Morris-Rush--and please not Ince,perhaps a chat to Ben Robinson

A man with years of experience of how to take a football club forward,

This club is a top six championship club,and the direction Mel takes is crucial, 

I Think he has been on a learning curve,and is smart enough to make the right decision,

A man he can trust with a Manager---Chairman -relationship.

15 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Go easy on Wassall its not his fault he is being set up to be the fall guy.He should

be doing what he does best,however club politics is taking him over and he will do

his best.He never asked to do the job,but he has been put in that position.

Would be suprised if Wassall wasnt approached before Pc left and he could have advised about not feeling comfortable taking the role.

DW = Dont watch

Dont win

Dire waste

Dreadful wonders

Delusional wasters

Desperate n woefull

28 minutes ago, TETRA said:

What made it even worse for me yesterday if it could have been much worse, was that the winning goal was scored by a Brighton player.  Jake Forster-Caskey. 

That's when you really know things aren't going your way right now.

Not only that but an ex-Brighton player generally regarded as "plop" according to my albion mate 

Carson 6 - Didn't really have much to do. From my angle goal was not his fault, looked a good free kick.
Christie 7 - Usual performance from Cyrus bombing on trying to attack and get us forward.
Keogh 7 - Decent game always gives his all. Glad we have a captain that will start every game.
Shackell 5 - Gave the ball away too much, so many long balls.
Olsson 7 - Decent game, tried to put crosses in and run at the full back.
Ince 6 - Did nothing for me against a poor team that he should be showing his class against.
Hendrick 7 - I moan every week when he's played but he had quite a good game, wrong decision to be subbed.
Bryson 6 - Did nothing wrong but didn't contribute to much either. Right decision to be subbed keep his fitness going.
Johnson 6 - Runs around a lot and gives effort but isn't showing anything to why he keeps getting picked.
Martin 6 - Looked like he had been told to do a bit more running and closing down than he usually does but did nothing else.
Russell 6 - Did nothing wrong but didn't see much of him to keep his place upfront for the next game.

Butterfield 6 - No improvement on Bryson's performance but still harsh to be sat on the bench.
Bent 6 - Looks a pace off to me maybe lack of match fitness is not helping.
Weimann 5 - No comment :ermm:
a

For me the formation was a correct one in my opinion, maybe just a few player swaps would have helped. Blackman instead of Russell up front seeing as he is one of the top scorers in the league. Really baffled me that he got no game time at all. Russell for me is a winger and plays like one he will track back and try to help the full back out. So for me Russell should have started on the left wing and Johnson dropped to the bench. As for asking for Hanson to start at DM is silly, we couldn't break down a **** MK Dons side with the players on show, and they had one shot on target which was a free kick so why would we need a DM. Moving on to Shackell I love his defending and positional sense but over the season he just passes it to Keogh and Keogh passes it back which has bored me a bit but possession was kept. Today he decided to just keep hoofing it upfront which was infuriating. I really can't see what Butterfield has done wrong either he has been playing fine. Although when he came on he did nothing apart from give the free kick away that they scored from :ermm:.

I have faith results will start to turn when Wassall has more time with the team starting at Brentford.

Slept on it thoughts.

Wassall was on a hiding to nothing post match. You have to learn how players react to your comments. 

Maybe they are a bunch of princesses, but since Clement came out and and tore them a new one (Reading, was it?) they've never looked interested, save the usual suspects. Maybe DW has learnt this - and tried the softly softly approach, publicly at least. Having met the man, I can't imagine he would be accepting that display. Hell, take Ranieri for example, they lost to Arsenal because of three stupid errors - two from Simpson to get him sent off, and Wasilewski for conceding a needless freekick. They're off to Dubai for a week.

What disturbs me more was a lack of a reaction from the players. My original reaction was that only one in a DCFC shirt was capable of looking in a mirror and saying 'I gave 100%' - and that was Keogh.

On reflection that was perhaps a bit harsh. Keogh, Hendrick and Olsson played well, Martin showed some improvement, Christie didn't do too much wrong, put some good crosses in. A further word on Olsson, thought we looked a bit more potent down that left hand side, with some assistance from Johnson and Russell. First half seemed better, more movement, but too many long balls. Second half fell back to type.

Too optimistic? Maybe. But that's what happens when I'm young(ish) and full of hope. That and my dad's a miserable pessimistic wotsit..

Archived