David Moyes

Nuwtfly

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ramos said:

I have it on good authority that this comment is going to waste your time.

Well we need to add Ramos to the ITK crew.

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

More likely Ed Woodward was lying. If LVG's still there next season I'll eat my hat. :)

Wouldn't bet on it myself, just for all I dislike Man Utd and L.V.G's clumsy interviews, not his fault English not his mother tongue, kind of admired he's kicking back, whether his football is watchable or not.

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Dunno ... United have been looking pretty good since we kick started their season for them. 

Can't see them getting into the top four, and that won't be good enough given the amount of cash they've thrown around. Think they've already got their heart set on Jose, irrespective of what Woodward says. Guess we'll find out in the summer!

• 2 months later...

David Moyes is interested in the Aston Villa manager's job but is yet to be contacted by the relegated club.

Nearly six months after being sacked by Real Sociedad, Moyes is keen to get back into football and is attracted by the challenge of reviving Villa.

The 52-year-old has watched them live recently and would be receptive to talks but is aware doubts over next season's budget could delay matters.

Nigel Pearson remains the favourite with bookmakers to take over.

The former Leicester City boss is without a club, having left the Foxes last June after keeping them in the top flight.

There is also backing for Mick McCarthy, Sean Dyche and Steve Bruce, who manage Ipswich, Burnley and Hull City respectively.

But former Everton and Manchester United boss Moyes interested Villa last autumn, following the departure of Tim Sherwood.

13 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Think Moyes will end up at Celtic

Same, makes sense. Ex player, would be a big name for Celtic, easy way to get a few trophies on his CV. Ronny will get his P45 within a week of the season ending. 

Wouldn't want Moyes anyway, too negative.  This is the same man that wrote in his Manchester United programme notes for a game against Newcastle (paraphrasing slightly) "We will try and be positive against, what will be tough opposition".  Far too similar to PC for my liking.

I suppose "reviving" a big club has attractions... I mean win and you're a hero, loose and it's all the fault of the ownership problems but then .. Disaffected players, expectations and money issues don't make it easy.

I wonder where we stand in the "attractive job" stakes ? 

Steve Mac needed us as much as we needed him. Us because we needed to move forward from rescue to revival and him because he needed to rebuild a CV. In a sense you could see us as an Everton. Solid sound club with history, well organised, no fiscal nightmares  and Moyes did well there, but I do wonder if he lacks the flair many of us crave (me included) 

Archived