Talk sport with Alan Brazil

glyn1957

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

That was hard to watch, when was it?  What was the outcome does anyone know?

Was it just drink?

FORMER Scotland star Alan Brazil claimed he was being treated worse than a paedophile when he was arrested for drink-driving.

The radio host had just been told he would be put in a cell if his breath test was positive.

He told PC Simon Hughes: "Oh no. Please! Incredible.

"Paedophiles get what, three months, then come out and I am going to get banged up for a couple of hours. With the greatest of respect, the law's an arse.

"It's all wrong. I have had a bottle of wine. If I am over, I am over. I will lose my licence. I have no problem with that. I am an idiot for not staying over."

The ex-striker was abused by Celtic Boys' Club coach Jim Torbett in the early 1970s. The pervert got two years for his crimes.

Brazil was yesterday banned from driving for 20 months and fined him £750 plus £470 costs.

Former Ipswich Town, Manchester United and Spurs player Brazil had been stopped on the A14 in Suffolk in the early hours of last September 16.

Police were suspicious because his BMW X5 was doing about 50mph on a 70 limit road and veering towards the near side.

Magistrates in Sudbury, Suffolk, saw the TalkSPORT presenter's outburst on a police DVD yesterday.

They watched as he repeatedly used the breath-test machine at Bury St Edmunds polic station.

After several attempts, it showed he was more than twice the drink-drive limit. Then Brazil said: "Jesus. I'm double.

"That's frightening. I can't believe it. I am double, I swear. Mind you, I was out last night."

Brazil then moaned about his job and claimed a conviction may be a good thing in his life.

He said: "Change job, I think.

It might do me a favour, to be honest. I am sick of London. It takes over your life, doing media in London."

The PC suggested that Brazil earns "good money". He replied: "Money's not everything."

Brazil, 48, who lives near Hadleigh, Suffolk, had denied drink-driving. He claimed the breath-test machine at the station may not have been working properly.

Last night, it emerged that Brazil would not lose his job.

A TalkSPORT spokesman said: "The drink-driving charge is something for the courts. We will be happy to have him on air in the morning as usual."

Alcoholic Brazil was sacked by the station in 2004 after missing a show because of his boozing.

But he was reinstated after a listener revolt - but must pay a £5000 fine for every show he misses.

'I'm double the limit. I can't believe it. Mind you, I was out last night'

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/alan-brazils-anger-at-being-locked-975272#0TcQh8yGfSz6FyM3.99

I can imagine MM telling Clement to try something new, or to stop being loyal to underperforming players, but I'd be very disappointed if MM named players individually. Regardless of whether he is correct or not, it's the manager's job.

I was led to believe that all transfers were approved by Clement, even before he started the job, so if true, I can see why MM would be concerned that money was wasted on the likes of Weimann, Bent and Pearce.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How does something like that make it into the public domain?

thats not right.

Julian Assange getting a bit of overtime in

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I can imagine MM telling Clement to try something new, or to stop being loyal to underperforming players, but I'd be very disappointed if MM named players individually. Regardless of whether he is correct or not, it's the manager's job.

I was led to believe that all transfers were approved by Clement, even before he started the job, so if true, I can see why MM would be concerned that money was wasted on the likes of Weimann, Bent and Pearce.

Are you sure about this bit? and to what extent? I got the impression they were 'done deals' and he would have had to cancel them in the first few days of getting here. Not the same as approving.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Or indeed to enquire as to why Clement thought he needed the additional new signings given that they seem to have no positive impact whatsoever. But I am speculating of course....

3 minutes ago, SantosHalper said:

I wouldn't believe a word of this. Alan Brazil is nothing but an obnoxious, ill-informed windbag. There's also something vaguely UKIP about him that sets my teeth grinding any time his name is mentioned. 

A Scotsman supporting UKIP? Interesting.

42 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Think if i was the club owner  - and we haven't won in 6  - and we ain't scoring goals  - might ring Mr Clement up - and ask why is our highest paid player (Bent) and possibly second highest player (Weiman) not even making the bench - wouldn't you?

Sam Longson wouldn't have held back - never did us any harm in the 70s

Morris owns the club!

Apart from making our greatest manager of all time walk out through the door

Makes you wonder how record signing Johnson managed to stay in the starting XI so long!

But yeah it's probably not true, or stems from something else entirely that's got lost amongst the whispers. The very fact there are all these grumbles and rumours around the club is worrying though. Happy clubs win trophies. This isn't promotion atmosphere. 

Anyone think Bent and Weimann returning to the squad might have something more to do with playing Preston at home and our team managing ZERO shots on target?

I would imagine the manager's thought process going something like this:

"Hmmmm that was fairly turd... It seems none of these guys can even hit the target never mind score goals... wouldn't it be nice if I had some other attacking options? Maybe ones with some decent pedigree? Oh wait... I have! Yay me!"

Sounds like tripe, but we appear to have been ignoring a proven goal scorer even if he was only on the bench.

mind you certain players seem to have to halt when they reach a certain blade of grass with the ball turn sideways and so it starts again!

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

mind you certain players seem to have to halt when they reach a certain blade of grass with the ball turn sideways and so it starts again!

Someone must have got the wrong end of the stick when it was suggested that we try and emulate Stoke and get promoted by playing a rugby brand of football....

Also explains the lack of shots on target as well. We're going for the three points instead.

28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

SDSR you obviously have some contacts within the club. Maybe a naive question but there does seem to be some negative "leaks" fabricated or otherwise that come out from DCFC periodically, are the club aware of any malcontents? Not asking you to name anyone.

Morris did have an angry rant in the dressing room, positive or not. But someone suggesting he tells Clement who he picks is not fair. If I was Morris, I'd ring up the talksport breakfast show and ask him to name his source.

Leaks happen at all football clubs, people have lives outside the clubs and they do share information. I hear a lot more than I post but it wouldn't be fair on the person who tells me to post it all. I don't like to post anything if it would tarnish the club in a negitive light, and/or affect the dealings within the club. 

My "source" (more of a very good friend) isn't a player, nor a member of the footballing staff, but is in a position to know the daily goings on at the club. And no, it's not Morris or Rush :lol:

Archived