Terry Wogan

Sith Happens

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never liked him, particularly on the radio but I can see why he was loved by many. It's always sad when someone dies, and from that evil cancer

RIP Tel.

I remember he had a show on Radio 1 in the afternoons. Anyway, around quarter past 3 he had a slot for requests for people in hospital. All went well until the day he played When I'm Dead and Gone by McGuinness Flint. He had to go and explain himself but I dare say using his Irish charm he had his bosses laughing  about it. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

his cynical narration during Eurovision was amongst the funniest things I ever heard and as for the double-entendre stuff in that daft voice on the radio occasionally had me crying with laughter.

Another legend gone to cancer. Rest is Peace.

Graham Norton desperately tries to recreate the same style of narration and commentary but cannot pull it off at all.

What a shame, never a massive fan of his Radio program, but his warmth of character always struck me. Really genuine bloke, ideal for Eurovision and the Children in Need nights.

R.I.P

(wonder if the floral dance will chart on this - one last laugh for Tel)

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

his cynical narration during Eurovision was amongst the funniest things I ever heard and as for the double-entendre stuff in that daft voice on the radio occasionally had me crying with laughter.

Another legend gone to cancer. Rest is Peace.

Was one of the most naturally funny men I have seen on the TV.  His stories, and the way he told them were first class.

Archived