What has caused our blip in recent games?

toddy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, catram said:

We could be ten points clear at the top and we would still be on players backs no atmosphere not suprised we start playing ****

Ha Ha you think so, I somehow doubt that very much. As it would prove that spending £25 Million has brought the success we all expected.

Start a midfield Thorne,Butterfield and Bryson and make Bryson play off Martin. The attacking performances will be a lot better. I know it was a pointless friendly but Thorne,Butterfield and Bryson all started in midfield in the behind the scenes friendly against notts county and we won 7-1

15 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Who had "lost the dressing room" next in the BS rumour bingo?

I remember the special one being the best coach ever at Celsea in the summer, within 4 months he had lost the dressing room to players and he was out..........

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

JC giving the pre match talk to the 11 starters !!

image.jpeg

just had another look and noticed that the big JC has managed to bag himself a pair of half and half trousers off the guy out side the IPRO for the big united clash !!

also maybe its not a team talk to the eleven starters, JC is actually pointing to the door !

perhaps this is the deadwood that mozza is asking about ??

Apologies for being boring and going back to the 'problem' - have avoided pretty well all football and most on here whilst getting the  bad taste of Birmingham out of my system 

it seems to me PC has currently got a pretty whopping job on his hands now. He's got to not only explain but quickly resolve a number of issues that from the sidelines look to be pretty mystifying, like :

- why has bradley gone from being a world beater to be a shadow of his former self

- why Chris is playing worse now than  at any time since coming on loan from norwich

- why Stephen w has gone from being a consistent man of the match winner to someone who is now incredibly reluctant to face in any direction other than his own goal 

- what has caused Grant to turn from being a winner of points for us in his first two years with us, to , at times, an accident waiting to happen

- why the spirit and togetherness in the team appears to have dramatically faded over recent weeks

- why all of this appears to have happened pretty well at the same time

- why Mel appears to have inexplicably gone against both type and character 

none of this is just unlucky, or a coincidence. They are all symptoms of some other underlying issues going on in the club .

Its PCs job to get to grips with this , now, and I would be amazed if he didn't have a pretty good idea of what those issues were. 

4 hours ago, ValeRam said:

- why has bradley gone from being a world beater to be a shadow of his former self

Think hes just out of form but its emphasised by the fact that his side of the pitch offers next to nothing in the build up 

- why Chris is playing worse now than  at any time since coming on loan from norwich 

Being used as a traditional target man. Doesn't cope well with long distance passes, no support and a CB up his bum

- why Stephen w has gone from being a consistent man of the match winner to someone who is now incredibly reluctant to face in any direction other than his own goal 

Russell isn't the best mover. Rarely goes on the outside of Warnock. Usually tucks himself neatly behind opposition CM and RM. Weimann marks Martin. Johnson just rolls it back to Warnock. Warnock has to take chances to do any damage and he's not as big, strong, fit or as fast as Forsyth.

- what has caused Grant to turn from being a winner of points for us in his first two years with us, to , at times, an accident waiting to happen

God knows. 

- why the spirit and togetherness in the team appears to have dramatically faded over recent weeks

Weight of expectation. Complacency. New players coming in. Relying on individual brilliance effecting the way players work for each other.

- why all of this appears to have happened pretty well at the same time

Just takes one or two results to go against you and if you sulk for a second it can be hard to pick up. Brighton, Leeds, Boro. Games that Clement and Co have said they were keen to make a big statement in.

- why Mel appears to have inexplicably gone against both type and character 

Over excited.

Not really hard to fix. Ability not a problem, got no major injury crisis. Just attitude imo

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Not really hard to fix. Ability not a problem, got no major injury crisis. Just attitude imo

All very valid and well reasoned as ever Alpha

i just wonder if perhaps there is just a simpler reason for all this , for it all to be happening at the same time, possibly due to a bit of a dangerous and debilitating undercurrent within the club causing a lack of unity and even resentment in some quarters

if  was a betting man I would say that the cause may well be that good old fashioned root of all evil...............

.........£££££££££££££££££££££

On 22 January 2016 at 13:46, loweman2 said:

just had another look and noticed that the big JC has managed to bag himself a pair of half and half trousers off the guy out side the IPRO for the big united clash !!

also maybe its not a team talk to the eleven starters, JC is actually pointing to the door !

perhaps this is the deadwood that mozza is asking about ??

Oh dear here they are !

image.jpeg

Archived