What has caused our blip in recent games?

toddy

11 hours ago, curtains said:

Is Clement a good manager Alpha straight answer because I think he is. 

Bit early for saying he is or he isn't.

So far he has managed for 20 odd games and for at least 1/3rd of them games we have been poor.

An essential part of good management is being able to bring your team out of 'bad moments'. Let's hope he passes that year because in recent times we have had very few managers capable of it!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bit early for saying he is or he isn't.

So far he has managed for 20 odd games and for at least 1/3rd of them games we have been poor.

An essential part of good management is being able to bring your team out of 'bad moments'. Let's hope he passes that year because in recent times we have had very few managers capable of it!

True it is early but the signs are good and according to Mel Morris from what I remember at the forum I attended he won't be sacked even if we don't make the playoffs as he's in it for the long term so the players and fans better get used to the idea and get behind him.   

Mel Morris wants  continuity right through the club and a long term plan to build the club up from top to bottom and that includes the academy  

If it's not promotion this season we will try next season and the season after and that's what he said  and he's not going anywhere  

we play with no enthusiasm, I have been so bored watching the rams in the last few games, no movement, no creativity, simple passes, predictable, why can't our wingers take anyone on????????? ZZZzzzZZZzzz wake up derby! I would take a draw at Burnley!!! 

One thing Clements failed to do with the players is improve them - Morris said this is the most important than anything else.

Bar Keogh and maybe Warnock, who looks a better player from last season? 

None of the players seem to be enjoying it either , Ince and Butterfield look miserable as sin even after a win ..SMILE for Christ sake lads. the moral and group togetherness from the 13/14 season was there for everyone to see.

Clement has failed to get consistent performances out of certain players; Christie, Russell, Martin, Hendrick, Johnson. 

its also a coincidence Chris Martin has been very poor since Kevin Phillips arrived.

The football isn't at a high tempo we've been re known for, we take no risks anymore and players look scared on the ball or afraid of playing a 50/50 pass. Surely the fault lies with Clement, he coaches them four- five days a week.

To be fair I don't give a **** about this Derby team.

Even when we were **** (When Clough had to clear the deadwood and cut wages) I still had an interest in the team and at the very least listened to the games on Radio Derby. The players were proud in playing for the team.

Even when McLaren took over that feeling was there, he tweaked the team with quality and a much better attacking mentality.

Now? We just have a bunch of individuals who are not privileged to play for Derby, they've either took a step down or a sideways move because we've chucked a ton of money at them.

Of course I'm happy if we win but when we lose I've gone from being annoyed and pissed off to not caring. We are just like QPR were a couple of years back and I hate they way they went about things.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

True it is early but the signs are good and according to Mel Morris from what I remember at the forum I attended he won't be sacked even if we don't make the playoffs as he's in it for the long term so the players and fans better get used to the idea and get behind him.   

Mel Morris wants  continuity right through the club and a long term plan to build the club up from top to bottom and that includes the academy  

If it's not promotion this season we will try next season and the season after and that's what he said  and he's not going anywhere  

One thing I would say to that is it will be hard to have continuity at a club where there is not even continuity in the first team.

Surely continuity involves improving players that you have and promoting them as opposed to buying someone new every time something goes wrong?

1 hour ago, GeneralRam said:

To be fair I don't give a **** about this Derby team.

Even when we were **** (When Clough had to clear the deadwood and cut wages) I still had an interest in the team and at the very least listened to the games on Radio Derby. The players were proud in playing for the team.

Even when McLaren took over that feeling was there, he tweaked the team with quality and a much better attacking mentality.

Now? We just have a bunch of individuals who are not privileged to play for Derby, they've either took a step down or a sideways move because we've chucked a ton of money at them.

Of course I'm happy if we win but when we lose I've gone from being annoyed and pissed off to not caring. We are just like QPR were a couple of years back and I hate they way they went about things.

That's a very interesting point and a good one to throw into the debate.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

One thing I would say to that is it will be hard to have continuity at a club where there is not even continuity in the first team.

Surely continuity involves improving players that you have and promoting them as opposed to buying someone new every time something goes wrong?

Hardly done that though have we. 

I mean Bryson and Hughes more or less out for the season injured  from the first game 0-0 at the Reebock against Bolton .

Midfield decimated and we started with a lot of drawn games. 

We buy Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield and the results improve ie winning 5 out of the next 6  games. 

Hanson as I've always said is still learning the game and Thorne is injured a lot and not always 100 percent fit. 

Hendrick has struggled fitness wise  

Shackell was signed after we got Pearce but we didn't know we could get Shackell at the time. 

Buxton was injured  until recently  

Keogh a success and a Clough signing but has had his detractors

Carson is a good signing as Grant was inconsistent.

Baird And Wiemann you agreed with.  

Re my "journeymen comment " you hammered me for. 

Ince is a good signing as was Bent both McClaren players as was Warnock . 

We lost players like Wisdom and McClaren got Christie in another good signing  

Fortsyth injured  no replacement because we have Warnock 

Albentosa  and Lingard and Ings and Bamford all gone all MCClaren men .

Now the academy and players like Santos , Calero ,Banjuka ,Koblenz , all Mac men .

Clement and the team are now bringing in young players like Luke Thomas from Cheltenham and Walker from Ilkeston and we have Marshall a young keeper Mac brought in who looks useful  

Good prospect Lowe a left back is injured a Clough academy prospect  

I could go on and on 

But let's not blame CLEMENT  

i don't blame him for signing pace in Blackman and Camara it's what we need plus a return to form for Cloughs signings Russell and Martin .

PS Connor Sammon wasn't a great success either  

3rd in the League ain't bad considering 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hardly done that though have we. 

I mean Bryson and Hughes more or less out for the season injured  from the first game 0-0 at the Reebock against Bolton .

Midfield decimated and we started with a lot of drawn games. 

We buy Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield and the results improve ie winning 5 out of the next 6  games. 

Hanson as I've always said is still learning the game and Thorne is injured a lot and not always 100 percent fit. 

Hendrick has struggled fitness wise  

Shackell was signed after we got Pearce but we didn't know we could get Shackell at the time. 

Buxton was injured  until recently  

Carson is a good signing as Grant was inconsistent.

Baird And Wiemann you agreed with.  

Re my "journeymen comment " you hammered me for. 

Ince is a good signing as was Bent both McClaren players as was Warnock . 

We lost players like Wisdom and McClaren got Christie in another good signing  

Fortsyth injured  no replacement because we have Warnock 

Albentosa  and Lingard and Ings and Bamford all gone all MCClaren men .

Now the academy and players like Santos , Calero ,Banjuka ,Koblenz , all Mac men .

Clement and the team are now bringing in young players like Luke Thomas from Cheltenham and Walker from Ilkeston and we have Marshall a young keeper Mac brought in who looks useful  

Good prospect Lowe a left back is injured a Clough academy prospect  

I could go on and on 

But let's not blame CLEMENT  

i don't blame him for signing pace in Blackman and Camara it's what we need plus a return to form for Cloughs signings Russell and Martin .

PS Connor Sammon wasn't a great success either  

3rd in the League ain't bad considering 

You seem to go off on a bit of a tangent. I am not commenting on the quality of the signings, more the fact that Clement still doesn't seem to know how he wants to play. We still have Johnson and Butterfield changing position most matches!

Not sure where you got the Baird and Weimann bit from although I will go on record as saying I had no problem with either signing.

And we both know I never hammered you over a 'journeyman' comment. It was over you saying the club had pulled the wool over your eyes after you had spent the previous few weeks telling everyone how great we were!

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You seem to go off on a bit of a tangent. I am not commenting on the quality of the signings, more the fact that Clement still doesn't seem to know how he wants to play. We still have Johnson and Butterfield changing position most matches!

Not sure where you got the Baird and Weimann bit from although I will go on record as saying I had no problem with either signing.

And we both know I never hammered you over a 'journeyman' comment. It was over you saying the club had pulled the wool over your eyes after you had spent the previous few weeks telling everyone how great we were!

I thought  both comments were intrinsically linked as far as I was concerned  .

I said I regret the "wool over the eyes" comment as clearly DCFC owners have the best interests of the club at heart but It was taken out of context because I meant we needed better quality than Pearce, Baird and Wiemann and I thought they were journeymen as opposed to amazing players but I'm not a Manager .

Pearce has gone and the other 2 are doing ok  .

Its early days for Clement as you say .

Their isn't a person on earth who gets it right all the time  

Hope we win Monday  

Archived