If you were offered a play off spot would you take it right now?

Sexydadbod

2 minutes ago, TETRA said:

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Brighton & I was chatting to him this morning. He said that until yesterday's win away at Blackburn, Brighton had only got 1 point from 15 points over the previous 5 games. But no one at the club had really gone into panic mode about it particularly the vast majority of their fans, they just accept that things all of a sudden weren't going their way as things had earlier in the season & that a long list of injuries had finally caught up with them. It was just all part of what happens in a season. People weren't responding with gloom & doom like many on here. 

It's clear we have put pressure on ourselves by spending so much money this season. But we have a very strong squad I'm sure this is just our blip in our season that everyone gets. We will be back on a good winning run again soon but we may have to wait till after the Burnley game to do so. BUT KEEP THE FAITH

It's a fantastic league.

Who would have forecast that Brizzle would do the double over Boro?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TETRA said:

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Brighton & I was chatting to him this morning. He said that until yesterday's win away at Blackburn, Brighton had only got 1 point from 15 points over the previous 5 games. But no one at the club had really gone into panic mode about it particularly the vast majority of their fans, they just accept that things all of a sudden weren't going their way as things had earlier in the season & that a long list of injuries had finally caught up with them. It was just all part of what happens in a season. People weren't responding with gloom & doom like many on here. 

It's clear we have put pressure on ourselves by spending so much money this season. But we have a very strong squad I'm sure this is just our blip in our season that everyone gets. We will be back on a good winning run again soon but we may have to wait till after the Burnley game to do so. BUT KEEP THE FAITH

A 'friend' eh?

It was only a few days ago that you were suggesting Clement should be sacked. What happened to that? 

I think – much like last season – if our form is so bad that we miss out on the playoffs, then I’d rather not go through the pain. They were bad enough when we were free-flowing and great two seasons ago. Who remembers going 1-0 down to Brighton in the first leg and instead of it knocking the stuffing out of us the fans only getting louder, full of belief? An hour later we took a one goal advantage back home.

So a firm ‘no’ from me.

Hell No. We are 3rd. Even PC has targeted top 2, and we have a star studded cast of players ... we haven't even seen ZANZALA or MAX LOWE play yet (random i know), and Hughes may be back by March, so the immediate future is still very bright. 

4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

A 'friend' eh?

It was only a few days ago that you were suggesting Clement should be sacked. What happened to that? 

No I never said he should be sacked if you read my previous quote correctly. I actually said I wouldn't be totally shocked that should our poor run of form continue over the next 3 or 4 games Mr Morris might act with his surprised dismissal. After his visit to the changing room after the Reading game nothing would surprise me as I thought regardless of what Clement said afterwards I & many others felt it undermined his authority. 

Blip, a temporary and unexpected setback against a general trend.

When does a blip become a plop? :D

How unexpected was the blip? :D

:D Flip - Clap -Blip - Flap - Plop - Burp - Crep :D

Alright, alright, not my finest post. :D I said, I know, didn't I?

No offence Nintendo. COYblippingR

No ... I want to see us going up brimming with confidence. Scraping through, or having the chance of scraping through is of little interest. If we are going to thrive in the prem we have to start on the front foot .. So automatics or nothing for me.

i would put up with nothing ... wouldn't like it but better another crack next year than getting decimated week on week because we weren't in the right frame of mind.

80% yes to the play offs and 20% no to the play offs. 

Why?

If we cannot get back to taking about 7 out of every 9 points for about ten games and then about two points per game, it is unlikely that we will end up with enough points for automatics which only leaves play offs and also rans. 

The play offs will be a nightmare this year with Hull/Burnley, and two of Sheff Wed/ Birmingham/Ipswich to contend with at the end of the season. 50-50 chance of winning the play offs against that lot.

In short, if Burnley beat us, then games are running out from the Preston game if we want to get an automatic place. If all goes pear shaped on saturday and then we lose against Burnley, we will be in 6th place, I think and one point clear of 7th..

To have a chance of getting in the autos for more championship seasons than not, Derby need to get 2 points a game for the next 18 games, then win the final game.

To qualify for the playoffs more times than not, the results sequence of WDL, repeated from now to the end of the season would be about the benchmark.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

80% yes to the play offs and 20% no to the play offs. 

Why?

If we cannot get back to taking about 7 out of every 9 points for about ten games and then about two points per game, it is unlikely that we will end up with enough points for automatics which only leaves play offs and also rans. 

The play offs will be a nightmare this year with Hull/Burnley, and two of Sheff Wed/ Birmingham/Ipswich to contend with at the end of the season. 50-50 chance of winning the play offs against that lot.

In short, if Burnley beat us, then games are running out from the Preston game if we want to get an automatic place. If all goes pear shaped on saturday and then we lose against Burnley, we will be in 6th place, I think and one point clear of 7th..

Pretty sure it'll be a 25% chance :huh:

On 17 January 2016 at 08:41, Tamworthram said:

At the start of the season I did a results predictor which has us finishing 6th. As the season has progressed I've updated it with actual results - we're now coming out joint 3rd but some distance behind 2nd. 

I think I would take play offs now assuming we mount a very serious challenge next year if we missed out. That won't be easy with the teams likely to come down though. 

There is no such place as joint third. You are either third or forth. 

And yes I would take a play off place now. 

• 1 month later...

Feel the same now about a playoff spot as I did mid collapse last season ,, ie what's the point I can't really see this side in its current state winning two legs and a Wembley final over any top eight side in the division

Archived