Mason Bennett to Burton til End of the Season

Srg

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Nigel built the core of the team that would go on to challenge for promotion for three successive seasons. Like it or not, when it comes down to it, Nigel's influence can't be underestimated. 

On the contrary, underestimation is the one consistent factor when people, even in retrospect, view Nigel's influence. It was, and still is, significant.

Then again, people are, by and large, relatively stupid and seemingly lose the ability to embrace new concepts beyond their early teens (and I include myself inside that very simple Venn diagram).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel Clough blah blah blah wouldn't trust him blah blah. We have him to thank for martin Hendrick Hughes bryson Buxton Russell forsyth Keogh. 

These players are still key to this Derby side. 

I think it is the perfect match for mason down the road. Would not be surprised to see him playing permanently for Burton next season . Clough obviously rates him highly. 

I think mason has a good future in football sadly though not with us.

Good luck mason

Good move for Bennett,needs game time,great to know Derby fans wish him well.

Also gives  certain fans of this club,a chance to think they are clever in having a dig at Nigel clough..

we have debated the sacking of Clough ,,and Mclaren,,Now with the board gone and Mels millions

The financial, state of the club is on the rich list in the Championship,and a 52 seater bus required for the 1st team squad.The Derby after Paul Jewell left were dark days ,that needed unity between the board the manager and the fans,It required a firm hand to sort out a big poor squad of  over paid players

This thread is about a young lad the youngest player---the youngest goalscorer for our club and i wish him well .

IF you want to start a debate on past managers post it  on new threads,other wise keep your opinion to your self

This one is on Mason Bennett

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, philmycock said:

Unfortunately done his hamstring in tonight, pulled up visibly upset and substituted

Tough on Mason, he's probably been having a few psychological battles this last few years about/ around his attitude, outlook, where he's at with his football etc. Really looked like he was destined for a run in the team and was probably feeling confident, now this.

The lad just doesn't seem to be getting many breaks.

I doubt he will cut the mustard at Derby. He has the potential to be a great player, but seems to lack the footballing brain to make decisions at the right time. He reminds me of Lionel Ainsworth, who has gone on to carve a fairly decent lower league career in the game.

When he was 14 he looked like he could turn out to be one of the greatest youth players we had ever produced. He is still young and may hopefully prove me wrong. 

Archived