Mason Bennett to Burton til End of the Season

Srg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah good.

I'm glad he's getting some time at a decent level to see if he can pick up his progression, he's stalled a little bit over tehe last year or so. 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think this one will decide masons future been in the "promising youngster" category for too long now needs to start making some genuine progress .

I wouldn't want to put anyone's future in Nigel's hands.

I think this will be great for Mason. Nigel looked after him when he was boss and will help him to pick up his career again, maybe with Burton, next season rather than with us, but he has deserved better. Was unfortunate to miss out on the loan to the Blades last season. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought he'd gone out on loan before and not got games? I have a vauge memory of him being described as having incredible skill but zero footballing brain?? Still, hope it works for him and I'll always love he needed a note from his mum to make his debut.

He went to chesterfield on loan season before last . Don't think he did a great deal ! 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's possible that you're fishing, but here goes......

Nigel , it can be argued, didn't get the best out of his players whilst at Derby, but he did do pretty well bringing the youth players through. Hughes and Hendick are still important members of the squad and Bennet amongst others was given an opportunity in the first team at a very young age. Maybe Nigel won't turn him into the next England centre forward but I do think that he will at least be given a good chance.

p.s I do think that Nigel was good for Derby for a long time, but I also think that it was time for a change when he went. I'm not bothered if we went about it in the right way or not, this is football and more impotantly DCFC.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Nigel built the core of the team that would go on to challenge for promotion for three successive seasons. Like it or not, when it comes down to it, Nigel's influence can't be underestimated. 

53 minutes ago, Srg said:

Know what you are saying he really put back Hughes development playing him all those games at such a young age.

Have to disagree on this one fella, gave Mason his chance, might just be what he needs, Clough knows his game as well as any Manager outside the Rams set up, as do his staff. Arm round him n all that.

Do think it could be pivotal to an extent though.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think this one will decide masons future been in the "promising youngster" category for too long now needs to start making some genuine progress .

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Ah good.

I'm glad he's getting some time at a decent level to see if he can pick up his progression, he's stalled a little bit over tehe last year or so. 

Mason is still only 19, he has been in and out of the first team for 4 years it is easy to forget that he is still so young, and also he has been injured quite a bit in the last 12 months, iirc.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought he'd gone out on loan before and not got games? I have a vauge memory of him being described as having incredible skill but zero footballing brain?? Still, hope it works for him and I'll always love he needed a note from his mum to make his debut.

He went to Chesterfield in Jan 14 then went to Bradford at the start of last season, think it ended early because of injury.

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Mason is still only 19, he has been in and out of the first team for 4 years it is easy to forget that he is still so young, and also he has been injured quite a bit in the last 12 months, iirc.

He went to Chesterfield in Jan 14 then went to Bradford at the start of last season, think it ended early because of injury.

he has been around that long i would have guessed he was in his early 40's by now :)

A good move and maybe the right one too, linking up with Nige. Tough ask to go produce for a team pushing at the top of League One though, his previous experiences at Chesterfield and Bradford didn't seem to go smoothly. 

Good luck Mason, tear it up!

Archived