200 Career goals for Darren Bent

Curtains

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Bent showed with that finish, why if we can afford to have a large squad, exactly why he's worth keeping.

Just the sort of player who might come on a score when we need a goal, aside from having him and Blackman now allows Martin a chance to put his feet up and come back firing on Tuesday.

Plenty other championship teams would have him in there squad if they could afford him. Hope he gets a few more chances to add to that 200, next round of the cup for starters.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Imagine how many he could have got with some effort and by watching the line and staying onside? :ph34r:

Harsh , 200 goals is some accomplishment and if today's goal spares us a replay at a time when we wish to push on in the league ,his goal today was worth as much as any of his previous 199.considering the number of starts and first team opportunities he has had this season don't think anyone can critise his performance or professionalism ,obviously from tour comment you believe him to be a lazy under  achiever so I won't bother asking what you do or accomplish in life as not to expose you to any riddicule

Just now, ram1964 said:

Harsh , 200 goals is some accomplishment and if today's goal spares us a replay at a time when we wish to push on in the league ,his goal today was worth as much as any of his previous 199.considering the number of starts and first team opportunities he has had this season don't think anyone can critise his performance or professionalism ,obviously from tour comment you believe him to be a lazy under  achiever so I won't bother asking what you do or accomplish in life as not to expose you to any riddicule

You don't need to ask what I do, I'll tell you!

I make light hearted remarks on a Derby forum and add smileys at the end so that people can see it's not serious, well apart from the people with little or no sense of humour.

With the quick wingers coming in, Darren Bent could play a key role in the second half of the season with exactly that type of goal poaching around the 6 yard box.

Darren Bent is a goal scorer. No question about it. 

Stick him in the team for the entire season and he will get 20+ goals. 

Him and Blackman could give us a real shot at succeeding with 2 up top. I personally think we are using Martin more than we should be just because on his day he is brilliant. He's our Wayne Rooney if you like. 

25 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

If it was up to me, which it definitely isn't, I'd be using Bent a lot more than we do at the minute. 

So you're not PC in disguise?

Methinks he doth protest too much and I for one don't buy it. Keep up the good work!

PS Well done, Darren. I would play you a lot more too.

50 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You don't need to ask what I do, I'll tell you!

I make light hearted remarks on a Derby forum and add smileys at the end so that people can see it's not serious, well apart from the people with little or no sense of humour.

There's your mistake. You're making it so easy for them, they think that it's a bluff and assume that you are either being ironic or applying a double negative.

Archived