200 Career goals for Darren Bent

Curtains

Bent and Weimann are 2 players I really really really really really really want to be given a chance to prove a lot of people wrong. Both would be first team starters for most of the clubs in this league, quality players.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, WorksopRam said:

Don't worry, they're piss takes. 

I actually quite like them. 

haha those are brilliant. Bent one is great too

10 hours ago, Daveo said:

Bent and Weimann are 2 players I really really really really really really want to be given a chance to prove a lot of people wrong. Both would be first team starters for most of the clubs in this league, quality players.

You're gunning for Sage innit? 

Bent was fantastic in his interview yesterday. 

Can I pick a regular starting eleven for Derby County now. NO

Rotation, rotation, rotation.

I think that Derby will be be making more tactical changes during games than they were before. I am still not convinced by the cover at fullback or goal keeper.

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You're gunning for Sage innit? 

I never target individuals, if I'm honest it's more Twitter. I was loosely following the game, kept seeing tweets like take Bent off, not heard his name for ages, is he even on the pitch. 

Bent is a poacher, he's a totally different kind of striker which so many people fail to realise. He's a game changer, you leave him on because he can pop up at anytime and find the winner without breaking a sweat all game. 

This is how he's scored 200 career goals yet some are ready to ship him off.

I swear some would love a front 2 of Tito Villa and Conor Sammon. The Opta stats for KM covered would break records for a strike partnership. 

To have a player like Bent in our squad we are incredibly lucky, to have the different options we have at our disposal we are incredibly lucky.

Last season we had no plan B to cover injuries, we have a plan B now that most managers in this league would love as a plan A but we have fans trying to smash our plan B into our plan A 4-3-3 holes and it drives me nuts.

It drives me nuts seeing us 2nd in the league with the best squad and options we have had since I've been watching Derby, we have more options that Jim Smith had yet players are constantly being criticised. How the hell are we second in the league is all these players are as crap as everyone makes out.

Weimann 100+ Premier League games, Bent 200 career goals yet not good enough for Derby County, give over. 

Big fan of Bent, I'd like to see him playing and scoring as we all would but I just don't think we're creative enough at the moment. We're reserved this season and we can't argue with how it's going either.  That might change now we've added a couple of players but chances for our forwards in the oppositions penalty area have been hard to come by recently. I thought he would flourish up at Leeds the other week but he hardly had a kick, he's not going to go looking for it either.

If we can start carving opportunities out, he'll score, no doubt. (I also think Martin will too) How many scrappy, half chances did he put away last year? Horrible on the eye but they count all the same. The two against Blackburn at home (I think) were typical of him. 

Great option to have but he needs the team to be playing around him, not the other way around. Is that going to happen? Probably not. 

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

As in ...

"Sintin, intit?"

"Nah, tintintin".

Back on your head lol 

From the urban dictionary 

Int it

Contraction of Isn't it, used in Derbyshire/Yorkshire area.

"It's true int it"

"The weather's bad, int it?"

40 minutes ago, curtains said:

Back on your head lol 

From the urban dictionary 

Int it

Contraction of Isn't it, used in Derbyshire/Yorkshire area.

"It's true int it"

"The weather's bad, int it?"

Yo canna talk proper Obruk like wor ar can.

Archived