200 Career goals for Darren Bent

Curtains

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Big fan of Bent, I'd like to see him playing and scoring as we all would but I just don't think we're creative enough at the moment. We're reserved this season and we can't argue with how it's going either.  That might change now we've added a couple of players but chances for our forwards in the oppositions penalty area have been hard to come by recently. I thought he would flourish up at Leeds the other week but he hardly had a kick, he's not going to go looking for it either.

If we can start carving opportunities out, he'll score, no doubt. (I also think Martin will too) How many scrappy, half chances did he put away last year? Horrible on the eye but they count all the same. The two against Blackburn at home (I think) were typical of him. 

Great option to have but he needs the team to be playing around him, not the other way around. Is that going to happen? Probably not. 

I think some players on the team are guilty of trying to use Bent the same way we use Martin, which won't work. Bringing in Blackman and Camara should create more chances for someone like Bent to put away. I like that PC is trying to find different ways to win and I think he wants to use Bent more but is yet to find the right team balance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ockbrook that's Alan Hinton territory .

Not a place I frequent a lot. 

Holbrook.

Used to have a language all of its own, according to my Grandad (who were from Ossley Woodouse)

If I dropped into broad Derbyshire, he'd say something like "Dust come from Obrook, surry?"

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Holbrook.

Used to have a language all of its own, according to my Grandad (who were from Ossley Woodouse)

If I dropped into broad Derbyshire, he'd say something like "Dust come from Obrook, surry?"

Oh Holbrook I'm with you now. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Back on your head lol 

From the urban dictionary 

Int it

Contraction of Isn't it, used in Derbyshire/Yorkshire area.

"It's true int it"

"The weather's bad, int it?"

I stand corrected! 

me duck

Here's one for the  Statos.

Was our very own Darren Bent the last ever goal scorer at the baseball ground?

i know the very last game to be played there was a reserve fixture, it's a game I went to. I just can't remember the opposition.

i also remember a very young Darren bent scoring for Ipswich against us in one of the last ever games at the Bbg, before he had ever made his first team league debut. Pretty sure we lost to them 1-0. At the time I, along with many others thought Marcus bent must be playing once we saw bent on the team sheet.

Can anyone else confirm?

42 minutes ago, Simsy said:

200 goals is a fantastic achievement. As i already knew he is a natural  goal scorer and should definitely be starting.

Definitely is a big call.

Who would you drop? Unfortunately I don't think it's as simple as one for one, interested to hear what you have in mind. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Definitely is a big call.

Who would you drop? Unfortunately I don't think it's as simple as one for one, interested to hear what you have in mind. 

I like my strikers to score goals. The most loved man on here has 0 goals in 12 games in open play. So yes I would drop martin and play a 4-2-3-1 

Yep, Chris is definitely going through a rough patch, no hiding from that. I wouldn't say he's had much help from others which is a hindrance to his play, even more so for Bent if he were to play. 

I think the dynamic of the team has to change to get the best out of Bent though. It would take some big bad balls to change it up now after the results over the past 20 odd games. Arguably to improve the teams performance we might have to switch things around but then you've got the risk factor too.

PC showed at Boro he's not afraid to risk things, big things at stake so maybe we'll see some re-accommodating of players. 

Im with you in the striker bit, love them to be in the goals but if we're shipping twice as many just to accommodate them its pretty pointless, just like we saw last season. 

Until Darren gets a run, we'll never know. 

15 hours ago, Simsy said:

I like my strikers to score goals. The most loved man on here has 0 goals in 12 games in open play. So yes I would drop martin and play a 4-2-3-1 

So set piece goals don't count now? What if it was a free kick? Would that be taken into consideration?

On 10/01/2016 at 11:25, curtains said:

Back on your head lol 

From the urban dictionary 

Int it

Contraction of Isn't it, used in Derbyshire/Yorkshire area.

"It's true int it"

"The weather's bad, int it?"

So thats where i've been going wrong all these years.....

i thought it was "in tit"

no wonder I get all those funny looks in Sheffield when I adjust my monocle and try to converse with the natives....

Archived