Nick Blackman

SaintRam

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

My point is two years ago we had players that were performing a lot better than they are now or were for last season (when they were fit) not just talking about this season.

You have made a judgement about Blackman based on watching him FIVE years ago - pretty pointless and irrelevant given how players can develop and form change in such a huge timescale - let alone the boom fluke season some players seem to have.

and by the looks of his career stats the "boom fluke season" is what he is having now, hopefully it continues, because his career stats as a whole are to say the very least uninspiring.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and by the looks of his career stats the "boom fluke season" is what he is having now, hopefully it continues, because his career stats as a whole are to say the very least uninspiring.

Now thats a judgement I can accept because it isn't just looking at a short period of time 5 years ago, I argee this could be his boom fluke season, only time will tell.

21 minutes ago, davenportram said:

glad your using a recent view of the player to base your judgement, He left Aberdeen 5 years ago - a lot can change in two years (just look at our starting line ups and current form of players that were starting and impressing just two years ago)

Ermmm he appeared on the Aberdeen & North News (18:41), to be honest, it was p1ssing it down 2 years ago in Aberdeen and it still is!

And as for his illuminous pink and illuminous yellow boots say no more.......

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Kind of. Forsyth just ain't the best possible header, especially if the ball comes from defence.

I don't think I've ever read a post with which I disagree with more - I'd say that Forsyth is the best header of the ball at the club, with the possible exception of Shackell, but certainly the best full back in the air in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Ermmm he appeared on the Aberdeen & North News (18:41), to be honest, it was p1ssing it down 2 years ago in Aberdeen and it still is!

And as for his illuminous pink and illuminous yellow boots say no more.......

He last played in Scotland in 2011 , the date at the top of the video is 2011 and that is 5 years ago

I do not think it is overkill but it is definitely the belt and braces approach to the last 21 games. Clement has begun the count down. 21, 20, 20.

Maclaren's - 'wait till the last ten games' was a load of tripe. Three points per game whenever they are played. 63 points to play for. Ignore the FA Cup. Mel has given Paul Clement everything that he could realistically hope for and more. Now it is up to PC but without any heavy expectations from Mel. Probably harder to get promoted next year as the three coming down will have even more cash and some good players as a solid basis.

21 minutes ago, davenportram said:

He last played in Scotland in 2011 , the date at the top of the video is 2011 and that is 5 years ago

Inverurie said 1841.

Worran idiot - 170 years out.

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I just hope he is better than his goalscoring record reflects....the last thing we need is another average striker with an average strike rate.... 

Better than one in two this season aint too bad my friend.

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

His ability to play on both wings makes him very good option to have. I'm not sure how good he is with his head, but such height against tiny fullback gives Clement one very good tactical option. Hopefully he is at least decent...

One of my personal favourite tactics, I used to use it quite a lot when managing. Put your best header on the wing against smaller fullbacks and surround him with runners. Much more effective than playing with normal target man who wrestles against those Championship brickwalls.

Mate, who did you used to manage? It sounds like the old launch it to Ian Ormandroyd on the left wing from kick off. Are you Arthur Cox?

A great signing,one thing this Derby team lacked was pace and power, the last 2 signings , have solved this problem, we are going up I say we are going up.Really happy at the moment the club are evolving very nicely thank you Mel, and Clement, I trust you both , you are taking this club forward in the correct manner.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

I know.......but you said a lot can change in 2 years.......c'mon give the Aberdeen weather a break, you don't seriously think it's been p1ssing it down for 5 years do you!.....we are flooding here as it is, we don't need another 3 years of the stuff chucked at us as well davenportram! 

Can you send me a (Mick) brolly, a speedboat, a beach of sand with lots of sand bags, fish, chips and mushy peas and an ice cream with a flake, oh and some arm bands for the kids, good lad.

http://www.inverurieherald.co.uk/news/local-headlines/no-let-up-in-north-east-rainfall-1-3992335

I think this signing ticks a lot of boxes. We're now well stocked with wingers (we've been lucky we've had no real injuries there so far). IF Martin were to get injured again we can use him straight through the middle without changing formation or play him alongside Bent with 2 up top.

Adds pace and an aerial threat too which isn't something we really had before this window. Russell and Weimann are quick but otherwise the team is fairly slow.

I've just read a Sheffield Wednesday forum and he was a good player 24 hours ago but is now some sh1te ex Sheffield Utd player with little to offer. Mel should have got the cheque book out early in the week and bought him while he was still a good player.

Archived