Nick Blackman

SaintRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good video, SR.

I like that his goals have all been varied, a couple penalties, a couple screamers through sheer power, a couple headers, a couple tap ins.

He has some left boot on him, wouldn't be surprised if he's used on the left flank to keep Ince out on the right.

Anyone else think that Blackman has been brought in to try out a new formation as well as provide cover for Martin? Clement has tried Martin and Bent up top together a couple of times and it hasn't really worked, it might be time to try Blackman and Martin together, with Martin becoming increasingly alienated in recent games up top on his own.

I was trying to figure out what this new formation would be however last night, and who would play, and came to the conclusion that we have too many decent players that I want on the pitch at the same time.....4-2-4-2 anyone........

6 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Anyone else think that Blackman has been brought in to try out a new formation as well as provide cover for Martin? Clement has tried Martin and Bent up top together a couple of times and it hasn't really worked, it might be time to try Blackman and Martin together, with Martin becoming increasingly alienated in recent games up top on his own.

I was trying to figure out what this new formation would be however last night, and who would play, and came to the conclusion that we have too many decent players that I want on the pitch at the same time.....4-2-4-2 anyone........

I do agree, r_w. I came to the same conclusion. It also suggests that there is only room for one of Ince, Russell and Weimann at kick off.Let the competition for places begin.

I think Martin is still an automatic selection and Ince has too much game breaking ability to leave out, even though he is infuriatingly inconsistent.

So unless we change formation and play two up top, I see Blackman, Russell, Weimann and Camara all fighting for one spot, with two of the others on the bench as impact substitutes.

Just now, TheHomunculusLives said:

I think Martin is still an automatic selection and Ince has too much game breaking ability to leave out, even though he is infuriatingly inconsistent.

So unless we change formation and play two up top, I see Blackman, Russell, Weimann and Camara all fighting for one spot, with two of the others on the bench as impact substitutes.

I still maintain my suspicion that Clement is considering a system change. 

3 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Martin will be starting every game for the next five but if he proves ineffective during the match then he will be substituted as Clement wants to win games, full stop. We have had quite a lot of meaningless running about and not too clever finishing from 'wingers'. Running fast and shooting wide achieves nothing. Boro's players were more clinical and full of purpose. that is the direction that we need to move in. I would not be aiming to sell any players. We can afford to sell players in the next window, even at a loss.

34 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Carson

Christie        Keogh          Shackell        Warnock

Thorne  Johnson

Camara                 Ince              Blackman

Martin

Blackman eligible to play for England, Barbados, Netherlands, Poland and Israel. Has not played for any as yet. Got to be a record, surely. Barbados looks tempting to me.

Derby in danger of not having  a settled formation now, in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne Butterfield

Blackman       Ince          Johnson

Martin

Weimann, Russell and Camara coming in and rotating.

Out the three I think Russell will be the one to lose out most when rotating

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Out the three I think Russell will be the one to lose out most when rotating

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:
  36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Thorne Butterfield

Martin

Swap Butterfield and Johnson for me.

It gets harder to pick a side 7 midfielders and 7 forwards ,for 6 positions .The choices are too much.

It is like being in toffee shop two many choices ,They say a squad is like a jigsaw puzzle,you have to find the right pieces.Well we have a lot to pick from..

Good luck Paul Clements

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Thorne Butterfield

Martin

I do actually like the look of this side.

Ince needs to be central, and I think that's a key reason why Blackman has come in. Although I wouldn't play Butterfield where you put him. Butterfield doesn't deserve to be dropped, but if we played that formation it's a carbon copy of Boro's. Boro let Butterfield go to Huddersfield because he didn't suit the two holding midfielders, and if we're changing the formation to add another number in attack, the two base players are going to have to play more defensively.

19 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

It gets harder to pick a side 7 midfielders and 7 forwards ,for 6 positions .The choices are too much.

It is like being in toffee shop two many choices ,They say a squad is like a jigsaw puzzle,you have to find the right pieces.Well we have a lot to pick from..

Good luck Paul Clements

It makes it easier when you see them train and play on a daily basis and you have camera's watching their every move at Moor farm. It's harder for fans because we only see what they do in games.

Archived