Nick Blackman

SaintRam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Obnoxious, the freedom they take in biasing undisclosed figures in their favour. Sure it "could" rise to 4m, but it "could" also have been paid in smarties. 

I remember Harry Redknapp saying about a similar situation that it would only happen to be that amount of cash if he played for Jupiter.

Sad to say: Is £3million a lot for a football player who may be ok in the Premier league? Not really. I have seen £30 million players in the Premier that look like £1.5 million value. If Nick gets 10 goals in 21 games and half a dozen assists, then how much will that have been worth? He clearly wants to play centre forward, so no point in moaning if he is put on the wing and cannot get goals, now is there? He needs to play in front of Martin or running through for flicks from Martin. A couple of goals against Hartlepool would get him off to a nice start. If we play 433, only one of him and Martin are starting.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sad to say: Is £3million a lot for a football player who may be ok in the Premier league? Not really. I have seen £30 million players in the Premier that look like £1.5 million value. If Nick gets 10 goals in 21 games and half a dozen assists, then how much will that have been worth? He clearly wants to play centre forward, so no point in moaning if he is put on the wing and cannot get goals, now is there? He needs to play in front of Martin or running through for flicks from Martin. A couple of goals against Hartlepool would get him off to a nice start. If we play 433, only one of him and Martin are starting.

If he gets puts on the right wing and doesn't get goals I think we would have a right to moan as he has 7 goals and 2 assists this season for Reading from the right wing. He may want to play in the middle but he's been bang average when he has. 

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If he gets puts on the right wing and doesn't get goals I think we would have a right to moan as he has 7 goals and 2 assists this season for Reading from the right wing. He may want to play in the middle but he's been bang average when he has. 

It is Blackman who says that he has got his goals from playing at No 9, not me.

Just now, Rampage said:

It is Blackman who says that he has got his goals from playing at No 9, not me.

i know, he's just wrong/lying haha

Not seen a lot of him playing but from what I've seen I can't see the big debate , he has pace , he can play anywhere up front , has scored some cracking goals , has scored a fair few this season , got a good shot and can head ,, so for me there's obviously raw talent there , it all comes down to the coach / manager when buying a player like this , does he feel he can get that player to produce the goods he is obviously capable of on a consistent basis? We can throw stats around all day and I'm sure Paul clement is big on the use of stats but it comes down to can he see talent and can he get that player to produce consistently ?   Our friend Brian cough is the top example he often saw stuff in players people missed and got the best out of them

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Not seen a lot of him playing but from what I've seen I can't see the big debate , he has pace , he can play anywhere up front , has scored some cracking goals , has scored a fair few this season , got a good shot and can head ,, so for me there's obviously raw talent there , it all comes down to the coach / manager when buying a player like this , does he feel he can get that player to produce the goods he is obviously capable of on a consistent basis? We can throw stats around all day and I'm sure Paul clement is big on the use of stats but it comes down to can he see talent and can he get that player to produce consistently ?   Our friend Brian cough is the top example he often saw stuff in players people missed and got the best out of them

and our friend Brian Clough also paid millions for Carl Tyler.

My point exactly , some wil turn out good some will be mistakes and the coach/ people identifying players will stand or fall on getting more right than wrong, all I'm saying is I personally can see enough in the player to justify Derby buying hi certainly short term and possibly long term prem if our coaches can get the best from him consistantly

On 6.1.2016 at 21:21, CornwallRam said:

I don't think I've ever read a post with which I disagree with more - I'd say that Forsyth is the best header of the ball at the club, with the possible exception of Shackell, but certainly the best full back in the air in the Championship.

Really? He is good with defending headers, but that's it. But even tiny Warnock is better... And offensive headers are completely different thing!

12 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Really? He is good with defending headers, but that's it. But even tiny Warnock is better... And offensive headers are completely different thing!

Forsyth isn't great offensively, but in terms of balls played out to the wing from the GK, which then need to be headed back in-field for others to pick up (which I think was the original point), Forsyth nails 99% of them.

17 hours ago, Rampage said:

SaintRam, do not be offended but your head is on upside down! Must be difficult on match days.

Not really, I just turn the TV upside down. #HalfFan

How much did Reading get?

There have been plenty of figures banded around, with whispers coming from the iPro Stadium that the deal could eventually be worth up to £3 million.

But getreading understands the overall figure is higher than that and it is far closer to the £4m mark when you include add-ons.

Royals are guaranteed to receive more than £3m for Blackman, with the fee being paid in instalments. The club believe they have got an ‘exceptional’ deal for the frontman, given his contract situation.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nick-blackman-derby-county-sold-10693533

On 07/01/2016 at 13:47, ossieram said:

How do you know? Have any of his former team mates said anything?

I don't know, that's why I said "seems to be".  I've heard one or two (unsubstantiated) stories about him, Reading supporters don't seem to hold his character in very high esteem, and his general demeanour just grates with me.

Maybe I've got him all wrong, and it'll turn out that he's a thoroughly decent chap, time will tell.

11 hours ago, SaintRam said:

How much did Reading get?

There have been plenty of figures banded around, with whispers coming from the iPro Stadium that the deal could eventually be worth up to £3 million.

But getreading understands the overall figure is higher than that and it is far closer to the £4m mark when you include add-ons.

Royals are guaranteed to receive more than £3m for Blackman, with the fee being paid in instalments. The club believe they have got an ‘exceptional’ deal for the frontman, given his contract situation.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nick-blackman-derby-county-sold-10693533

The original rumours seem more realistic.

• £1.5m up front
  • £0.5m if Derby get promoted this season
  • add ons for goals scored and games played over the course of the contract
  • add ons for international caps
  • sell on clause

Over a 3 year contract its possible that Reading will receive £3m - £4m, but if they do, then he will have made one hell of a contribution to us.

Ian Holloway at it again...

Ian Holloway thinks Nick Blackman’s upturn in form this season has been down to him being in the last year of his contract at Reading.

Derby County signed striker Blackman from their Championship rivals for £2.5m on a three-and-a-half-year deal. The 26-year-old, whose Royals contract was due to expire in the summer, scored 13 goals in 28 games this term.

Speaking in his prediction column, Holloway said: “It's weird how it's taken Blackman until the last year of his contract to start tearing it up and scoring every week. Reading invested £1.5m for him in 2013, he scored seven goals in two seasons, then he has the best season of his career when his contract is running down. A coincidence? Probably not.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32817/10126276/ollies-predictions-magnificent-middlesbrough-value-for-another-clean-sheet

Archived