Nick Blackman

SaintRam

36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Roughly 1 in 5.

If you remove this season from his stats he has 194 games and 44 goals

Ok..which is absolutely awful for a strain who has played 200 games at a poor standard. Fingers crossed he continues this seasons form not the form of his entire career...got to say, if Forest had signed him every single person on here would be laughing at them. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Ok..which is absolutely awful for a strain who has played 200 games at a poor standard. Fingers crossed he continues this seasons form not the form of his entire career...got to say, if Forest had signed him every single person on here would be laughing at them. 

I wouldn't be. Only the people who aren't willing to look beyond the superficial numbers. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I wouldn't be. Only the people who aren't willing to look beyond the superficial numbers. 

Superficial numbers..?? He is a striker, it's all about how many goals he scores. Honestly what do you know about him..? How many times have you seen him play.?

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Superficial numbers..?? He is a striker, it's all about how many goals he scores. Honestly what do you know about him..? How many times have you seen him play.?

Somewhere between 50-75 times I'd estimate. Hard to say. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

And this season he has out scored any striker we have on the books, who's to say that won't continue and that he will improve with age?

3 minutes ago, Eastmidlandknob. said:

Well, thanks for taking Blackman off us, you will rue the day. What's worrying me now is the rumour about the flat footed Alex Pearce. Please don't send him back here. Says it all in how many games he's played for you! Reading till I die.

Nice to see you're not bitter. :)

2 minutes ago, Eastmidlandknob. said:

Well, thanks for taking Blackman off us, you will rue the day. What's worrying me now is the rumour about the flat footed Alex Pearce. Please don't send him back here. Says it all in how many games he's played for you! Reading till I die.

Scored, Assisted or produced a key pass for almost 50% of you goals. If he turns out to be bad, we just wont play him. But you're now even more mediocre, which is an impressive feat. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You have seen him play 75 times?

Between 50 and 75 yeah. Not sure what it's closer to, not sure it matters. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Between 50 and 75 yeah. Not sure what it's closer to, not sure it matters. 

I think it matters a lot, if you are telling the truth then you should have a decent view on how good he actually is because the rest of us can just look at his poor goal scoring record and he looks very very average to us. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

I think it matters a lot, if you are telling the truth then you should have a decent view on how good he actually is because the rest of us can just look at his poor goal scoring record and he looks very very average to us

Who made you our spokesman?

15 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Martin, McCormack, Afobe, Hernandez etc. all had average/poor goals to games stats before joining their current clubs and now they're some of the best strikers in the league. Look at the rest of the top goal scorers in the league, they'd probably all cost 7 or 8 million. We've signed the 3rd highest for just a few million and you've already got the pitch forks out.

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I think it matters a lot, if you are telling the truth then you should have a decent view on how good he actually is because the rest of us can just look at his poor goal scoring record and he looks very very average to us. 

Actually most Derby fans seem quite happy, but here:

He's fast and has a good touch but he's not very good at creating space for himself. if he finds himself in space he has a powerful shot and is an accurate finisher. Strong aerially too. Doesn't like tracking back and can get quite mopey when things don't go his way for an extended period of time. Sometimes doesn't pick his head up often enough, I find this is more common in games where he's already scored for some reason. Is an excellent FK taker. A good passer of the ball. Sometimes slow to make decisions. Not all that interested in crossing the ball. Far more likely to be played on the right wing than anywhere else.

and just to add: I think he's well worth 2-2.5m

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I haven't "got the pitchforks out" at all, I am asking someone who has watched him 75 times what he is like, rather than rely on someone who bought him on football manager once....

Seems to me like you've written him off before he's even played because his earlier career stats were poor. This is going to sound crazy .... but some players do improve as they get older. I know right? Crazy!

Archived