Nick Blackman

SaintRam

32 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ian Holloway at it again...

Ian Holloway thinks Nick Blackman’s upturn in form this season has been down to him being in the last year of his contract at Reading.

Derby County signed striker Blackman from their Championship rivals for £2.5m on a three-and-a-half-year deal. The 26-year-old, whose Royals contract was due to expire in the summer, scored 13 goals in 28 games this term.

Speaking in his prediction column, Holloway said: “It's weird how it's taken Blackman until the last year of his contract to start tearing it up and scoring every week. Reading invested £1.5m for him in 2013, he scored seven goals in two seasons, then he has the best season of his career when his contract is running down. A coincidence? Probably not.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/32817/10126276/ollies-predictions-magnificent-middlesbrough-value-for-another-clean-sheet

Doesn't matter, if he's stepped up his game to get a better wage then he's got what he wants. Look at commons at celtic, suddenly turned on the style to get a move, and his football didn't go downhill again until this season. It's more important that we all know Blackman has the ability.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Nick Blackman not want to play for atop two side, get into the Premiership and try to make a name for himself? He made it clear that he scored more goals because he was playing down the middle rather than on the wing. We have been told.

30 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

I reckon he will get his debut goal for us tonight.

Cant wait to see him and hopefully Camara for the first time at the iPro

I really hope Camara gets a start tonight, just to see if he can really give us something different in the final third. Against Leeds and Boro I felt we were a little slow in the final third in both decision making and movement. 

Archived