Please can we have a good Razza Camara chant?

Duracell

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

But you didn't have to cut them up

Score another goal just like it was nothing

And at Derby we need your love

'Cause when we play without Camara it feels so rough

Awful. I should stop.

He shoots it high he shoots it low

Meets your missus chats her up and then he takes her number

He doesn't really need that though

Camara is a Ram that all our rivals know

Please... stop me.

Just now, Srg said:

Always liked the Man utd chant "Here's to you Neville Neville, your boys have won the treble..."

Think we could rob it, alter it a bit and have "Here's to you Razza, Razza"

Here's to you Razza, Razza, you're liked a suntanned Gazza.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

WARNING - ORIGINAL POST CONTAINS LONG RANT

I thought I'd start a thread in the hope that if this guy is any good, he won't have "Ooooh, Razza Camara" chanted to him, Zamora style.

We are also in danger, due to the amount of syllables in his name, of using the Paul Peschisolido/Forest are losing chant. You know, the "FOREST ARE LOSING! CLAPCLAP  CLAPCLAPCLAP". I mean I say that's a chant, but it's actually just a spoken statement followed by the South Stand clapping how many syllables were in the statement they just said.

Poor Johnny Russell had a decent chant at Dundee United, but instead we've opted for "Super, Super John", a chant made all the more bizarre by the fact he's not called John.

We also have a rather interesting take on Slade's "Cum On Feel The Noize". The original lyics are as follows:

"Come on feel the noise, Girls rock the boys,We get wild, wild, wild, wild, wild, wild"

Like all many choruses in pop songs, the chorus is catchy - and that is partly down to the fact it rhymes. Noise and boys, I'm sure you will all agree, rhymes.

Swansea City fans were rather clever in employing this chant, because their in-form striker's surname happened to rhyme with the name of the club. This makes their rendition of "Cum On Feel The Noize" catchy, like the original song.

"Come on Wilfred Bony, Score some goals for Swansea. We get wild, wild, wild..."

Now the rhyme is not perfect. Bony is not called Wilfreid Bonsea, not Swansea called Swony. But it still works.

I can only presume a few people saw the vine of Bony's rendition of his own chant as he ran onto Swansea's training ground, clunking the studs of his boots to the beat, do the rounds on social media and thought "you know what, that's a good chant. We have to have that chant."

The most important part of that chants success, however, is the lyrics, rather than the chant's demands for a goal from the centre foward. We wouldn't know of it, if the lyrics had been "Come on Perez Michu, score some goals for Swansea".

This makes our chant for Chris Martin problematic. 

"Come on Chrissy Martin, Score some goals for Derby."

I opted against studying English at university in the end.  But I know enough about the language I like to call my first to recognise that "Martin" and "Derby" do not rhyme, or even sound anything alike.

You might think "oh come on, it's a half-decent chant, he's our most regular starting striker and his name fits the chant." 

That would be fine, but for the fact his name doesn't fit. How often do you think he gets called Chrissy? How many Chris', or Christophers, do you know called "Chrissy", especially ones who weight about 16 stone, stand 6 foot tall and have banning orders from every pub in Norfolk?

So not only have we nicked another team's chant. and replaced it with lyrics that don't rhyme, but we've also had to change the name of our player just to get it to fit.

So yeah. Let's think of something better...

Just after Russell signed i suggested - 

"Goal-Goal, goooal Johnny goal-goal, gooooal Johnny goal-goal,  Joooohny Ruuuusel" to Johnny B Good

but it never caught on.  I guess the adolesent casuals who bother to start chants have no idea who Chuck Berry is...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

"Goal-Goal, goooal Johnny goal-goal, gooooal Johnny goal-goal,  Joooohny Ruuuusel" to Johnny B Good

but it never caught on.  I guess the adolesent casuals who bother to start chants have no idea who Chuck Berry is...

Can you imagine how bad that would have sounded though? Like seriously, think about it.

C'mon, Bradley Johnson called us Derby City and we didn't do owt with that. 

Chris Martin is also the name of a famous singer. Didn't do owt with that.

Our LB who's injured shares his last name with a famous presenter. Nothing

We have seen Keogh dressed as a goat. Nothing

We've got the legendary brawler, Jeff Hendrick. But still there's only one Jeff Hendrick

We have our very own Albino wonderkid. Surely this will be funny? Eh "Hughesy, Hughesy"?

It took 20 years to get a Stan Collymore song. Stan Collymore has been retired so long that he can't even remember breaking his leg. 

Ooooh Razza Camara, Ooooh Raza Camara, Ooooh Raza Camara, Ooooh Raza Camara 

15 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Or.......... The stranglers. 

Go Johnny go Johnny go Johnny go Johnny go go go. 

16 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

same tune as 'heartbeat'

Razza, oh Razza Camara runs down the wing for me, da da da da da da da dada da da, Razza, oh Razza Camara runs down the wing for me...

So just like the Johnny Russell song that hardly gets sung.

51 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

He sounds foreign, I think we should sign him.

Archived