The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, stoners said:

Worst team in Europe?

still better than the worst team in history 

Makes me smile how Forest fans roll this one out, forgetting the fact that A) They have finished bottom of the PL more times than any other team (and in just 5 seasons too) and B) The season we finished bottom on a record low points we actually finished ABOVE them...so erm...that means they were worse than us.

The thing is when you mention this to a forest fan you NEVER get a response.....wonder why?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Makes me smile how Forest fans roll this one out, forgetting the fact that A) They have finished bottom of the PL more times than any other team (and in just 5 seasons too) and B) The season we finished bottom on a record low points we actually finished ABOVE them...so erm...that means they were worse than us.

The thing is when you mention this to a forest fan you NEVER get a response.....wonder why?

When Derby fans talk about success and history and you show them the trophy cabinets of both clubs, you never get a reply.

I wonder why that is. 

(And yes, I realise we're both middling Championship clubs now.)

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

When Derby fans talk about success and history and you show them the trophy cabinets of both clubs, you never get a reply.

I wonder why that is. 

Who doesnt reply? Forest have won more Major Trophies than Derby, thats a fact, you dont need to show me the trophy cabinet for that, its a fact. It doesnt bother me in the least bit, you can still be proud of a clubs history even if its not as good as another clubs, does that make Forest a bigger club now? I would say no, are Derby a bigger club, i dont know, we are certainly on recent form a 'better' club than forest, and definately with how we are run. Harping on about past successes starts to get a bit boring when its so long ago though, i mean huddersfield won the title 3 times in a row back in the 20's....I dont feel i would be able to argue much with a leicester fan and say ah well we won it twice you know.

Are derby the worst club in history, well no thats not a fact, its just something made up by forest fans to help aleviate the fact they have been languishing for close on 20 years now. The 'fact' that when derby got 11 points they were still 'better' than forest because of a higher league position is undisputable.

now if forest fans want to come up with a chant along the lines of 'youre the lowest premier league points scorers in history' thats fine....its a fact, its also a bit of a mouthful so good luck with it.

And with regards to 'middling' championship clubs, well thats up for debate too, middling as in middle, means being somewhere around 12th best out of 24, last season forest where 16th so erm...if thats middle then ok, and derby where 5th so if thats middle out of 24, then fine if thats how maths works in the nottingham area.

Of course the other way to look at it is to ignore the facts and go with what makes you feel better.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

now if forest fans want to come up with a chant along the lines of 'youre the lowest premier league points scorers in history' thats fine....its a fact, its also a bit of a mouthful so good luck with it.

Come on mate you've got to do better than that, never going to catch on

And yes, you are middling, we finished in the playoffs a couple of years running. Made square root of **** all difference as we were still in the same division the next year.

Just as you are, with it all to do again. 

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Come on mate you've got to do better than that, never going to catch on

And yes, you are middling, we finished in the playoffs a couple of years running. Made square root of **** all difference as we were still in the same division the next year.

Just as you are, with it all to do again. 

I dont agree with that, its better to finish in the play offs and lose than finish in the bottom half. But, taking your argument on board are you saying there are 24 middling clubs in the championship?

Still no response as usual to the worst club in history facts mind, just deflection.

come on Rams fans , lets give them their 5 minutes of Derby knocking , theyve just won two on the bounce you know , the mighty powers of Burton and Donny , public holiday and open top bus ride to a civic reception in Nottingham time , you know it aint going to last , first defeat and it all falls apart again

19 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

come on Rams fans , lets give them their 5 minutes of Derby knocking , theyve just won two on the bounce you know , the mighty powers of Burton and Donny , public holiday and open top bus ride to a civic reception in Nottingham time , you know it aint going to last , first defeat and it all falls apart again

Let them have 6 - one for each toilet roll they wear proudly on their shirts. That's 3 for each star - must have been a phal.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I wonder why that is. 

The version of Forest that won in a poor Europe competition has gone out of business twice since then, that makes you the worst run club, perhaps only one that has gone bust twice.

Sooner get full grounds, 11 points and prem cash than be a club on the edge of extinction season after season.

14 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I dont agree with that, its better to finish in the play offs and lose than finish in the bottom half. But, taking your argument on board are you saying there are 24 middling clubs in the championship?

Still no response as usual to the worst club in history facts mind, just deflection.

It is his normal MO, if you push the argument too much he puts you on ignore.

Archived