Will Hughes back in training in jan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams under 21s beat Stoke City under 21s tonight 3-1. 

Imagine if Will had been on the pitch tonight.

He'll soon be turning out for them and then get automatic promotion with the Rams.

He'll feel well at home with us as a Prem player.

We've treated him well and he ain't going nowhere else!:thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Rams under 21s beat Stoke City under 21s tonight 3-1. 

Imagine if Will had been on the pitch tonight.

He'll soon be turning out for them and then get automatic promotion with the Rams.

He'll feel well at home with us as a Prem player.

We've treated him well and he ain't going nowhere else!:thumbsup:

Absolutely. I was there tonight. Would have been great to see Will Hughes playing.

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Butterfield is subbed off in almost every match when we are looking to tighten up.

One thing Hughes has over him is defensive ability.

Whilst you're probably right... Will hasn't played since we've had the options we've got now.

5 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Butterfield is subbed off in almost every match when we are looking to tighten up.

One thing Hughes has over him is defensive ability.

Wasn't he subbed off to increase attacking options at boro which resulted in us being less tight?

For some reason  (fitness ) he seems to be first one off in pcs mind regardless. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Wasn't he subbed off to increase attacking options at boro which resulted in us being less tight?

For some reason  (fitness ) he seems to be first one off in pcs mind regardless. 

I can't see that it's fitness based, I really can't. Butters will run all day/night, he never looks tired and is always capable of conjuring up something magical. In fact, I have no clue whatsoever why it always seems to be Butters subbed off. But I think it's been proven now that he's our best midfielder, full stop. Until Will returns and they slug it out for that honour. 

What a prospect in store for us. Thorne, Hughes and Butterfield. 

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

I can't see that it's fitness based, I really can't. Butters will run all day/night, he never looks tired and is always capable of conjuring up something magical. In fact, I have no clue whatsoever why it always seems to be Butters subbed off. But I think it's been proven now that he's our best midfielder, full stop. Until Will returns and they slug it out for that honour. 

I'd argue that, assuming Hughes gets back to his best and then continues to improve, that trio would be good enough to start in the prem. Strengthening would happen around them for sure. 

As soon as he is fit we can start bringing him back into the squad slowly and ramping up his fitness... When he is fully fit he is there first name on the team sheet, Hughes plays and the the rest can fit around him. 

Be great to see him with the trophy in his hands in May, it is still one of the most beautiful trophies around. 

51 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I know Huddersfield's current manager is big on fitness and I believe actually said they did no fitness training at all under Powell. 

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I can't see that it's fitness based, I really can't. Butters will run all day/night, he never looks tired and is always capable of conjuring up something magical.

Nah, I'd say he's a bit lazy, especially defensively. I've said before he doesn't always show enough for the ball considering his ability (he should be constantly asking for it) and he also doesn't offer much defensively. Much of the time that doesn't matter too much but it's clear why he gets taken off.

Maybe when he increases his fitness he'll run more and play for longer. He was given a free role at Huddersfield and I suspect had no defensive responsibilities. I don't think Clement would allow that.

I'd argue he's our first or second most technically gifted player now alongside Hughes.

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I think I read somewhere - possibly on here - that Hudders new head coach has had to do an amount of fitness work suggesting that they weren't tip top.

Prob 2 and 2 making 8 on my part ☺

Obviously I rate Will Hughes highly, but I can't see where he'd come back in.

He's very much the link-up man between defence and attack, but I'd say Butterfield is equally capable of doing such a job and he offers more in terms of a goal threat.

I feel a Thorne-Butterfield-Hughes midfield would just get bullied. Moreover, it lacks runners. 

Dropping Butterfield for Hughes I think would do us harm from a goal coring perspective. Dropping Johnson for Hughes and we'll miss that physicality in the middle. 

Dilemma.

Archived