Chris Martin has been poor this season

Bris Vegas

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Started uni at Trent in the summer so near enough right in the city centre! Don't tell anyone but I quite like it here really ;)

The Canal House makes it bearable.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't looked at his stats but he was very good up until 6 games ago. Those 6 games since Martin has been poor he can't hide from that.

Obviously he is the messiah to all derby fans so he can't do a lot wrong even when he is poor but if bent has 3 bad games thats it isn't it he is getting slated. 

Bring back the Martin from start of the season please not the one with that touch last night :huh:

48 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I haven't looked at his stats but he was very good up until 6 games ago. Those 6 games since Martin has been poor he can't hide from that.

Obviously he is the messiah to all derby fans so he can't do a lot wrong even when he is poor but if bent has 3 bad games thats it isn't it he is getting slated. 

Bring back the Martin from start of the season please not the one with that touch last night :huh:

Felt last night he saved us. We looked much more of an attacking threat with him on than Bent. When Bent was on many of our attacks just hit dead ends.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Bore off

Bent as been on the bench most of the season,and to think that he is to move mountains in a high tempo game away at Leeds Utd ,strikers get confidence with game time,,He ran the channels and chased a lot of hopeful balls,

and made a contribution to a well earned point,As a team it was a good result,And he is a part of a quality squad.

Why do people have to enjoy criticizing our players,Keogh--Ince--Martin--Shotton--Bent--Weimann--Warnock==

Must i go on .How did we get to the top two in a very competitive championship .

Easy they are a team ,and we hope they get us into the premiership.

If he is in a Derby shirt and gives ioo per-cent,he will do for me

Martin for me in CF position, but it was unfortunate for Bent last night, as he was too isolated with Weiman and Russell going too deep. Bent for me is a sub player, bring him on for the last 15 mins when things are not going well [if that ever happens this season] 

For us so far 102 games, 47 goals. And goalscoring is not even his biggest strength tells it all about his ability.

Badly out of form at the though so this season his displays can be argued.

This season 1986 minutes with 9 goals and 4 assists. 153 min/point

Last season 3232 minutes with 21 + 7. 115 min/point

13/14 4316 minutes with 25 + 9. 126 min/point

IMO he hasn't been poor but at same time, he has been as excellent as usual. And stats show clearly that he hasn't been as effective as earlier.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

For us so far 102 games, 47 goals. And goalscoring is not even his biggest strength tells it all about his ability.

Badly out of form at the though so this season his displays can be argued.

This season 1986 minutes with 9 goals and 4 assists. 153 min/point

Last season 3232 minutes with 21 + 7. 115 min/point

13/14 4316 minutes with 25 + 9. 126 min/point

IMO he hasn't been poor but at same time, he has been as excellent as usual. And stats show clearly that he hasn't been as effective as earlier.

We are no longer a one-dimensional team - there are alternatives to the 'get the ball to Martin as quickly as possible' approach this season.

He's a player who has had an enormous positive impact on our team in recent seasons. 

Now we say we are diversifying our attacking so not everything goes through chris.

Fair enough. Except that the alternative approaches do not seem either as effective or attractive. And the collateral disadvantage is that our play no longer seems as able to work off chris's movement and layoffs.

Thus at present we appear to have diminished our main attacking threat without introduction of effective alternatives. 

I blame the coaching for this. That's it's job.

Right now in some games I would drop Johnson probably, bring in a new winger so we have more options and play Ince behind Martin. I think we need to help Martin out a bit more. If come the end of Jan that has had no or little impact we would have to get someone in for the rest of the season. We are too close to throw this away because some people don't want to admit Martin is out of form. 

As a team we still score plenty of goals and don't concede many. So there isn't too much of a need to change things. I just think that Clement needs to be identify games in which we would be better suited to Ince playing behind Martin. We shouldn't wait for a problem to arise. We should plan for it. By the end of Jan if Martin is playing as he has done the last 13 games or so now, that will be 17 games or so. That is more than enough time to give someone an opportunity. How many teams have the luxury to do as we have, one of their best players going off form for that long and it having little to no impact. We can take a look back at the table 5,10 and 15 games ago if people want to see. 

Archived