Leeds United v Derby County

Day

For me, we showed great character to get a point , shackell goes off injured, Grant has a rush of blood , but we never gave up , and we were the only team to play any real quality football , so a draw was Defo a fair result.Hope sky never shows another Leeds game ,that will shut up the Yorkshire scum.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

For me, we showed great character to get a point , shackell goes off injured, Grant has a rush of blood , but we never gave up , and we were the only team to play any real quality football , so a draw was Defo a fair result.Hope sky never shows another Leeds game ,that will shut up the Yorkshire scum.

Totally agree,having watched the highlights we created a lot of goalscoring situations and played far better football I thought we deserved to win but error's cost us

Have to admit that Butters looks a class act. Took some time to settle but I can now see why Huddersfield fands voted him one of the best players to grace the blue and white in the past 20 yrs. Similar in style to Will but he has the ability to beat a man. For me he has to be a starter every game. Thoughthe did well last night and was at the centre of everything we did in the opposition half.

Just retuned into the game on sky and heard Peter Beargie summary of the game and I have to agree with him- that is with my neutral head on opposed to my Derby head. 

Derby weren't at there best today and if you want to get above Boro, these are the away games you need to win.

10 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Not the worse result not the best either, especially as we created enough chances to win it. I do feel that we have a team of battlers now and if it gets scrappy we can  give it back. Last season we were weak and got bullied ,not this season. I somewhat knew as soon as shackell went off we would get nervy and edgy. grant for sure cost us that game and I don't like to slate our players but he has to do the basics in that position, still don't understand what he was trying to do. Overall a decent performance and butterfield was on another level tonight, he is quite simply a fantastic footballer. Roll on Boro.

Agreed on the Butterfield thing. Said on a previous thread he still has a lot more in his locker. I think you're only seeing him at 90% fitness and 70% full potential. Gutted we didn't show more interest when we had the chance. Saw his goal against Fulham and it was a Barcelona type move with a Messiesque type finish to it. Ridiculously quick feet that makes it impossible to put a fair challenge in. Saw some tweets in the summer suggesting you'd overpaid for him (4 mill was it?) I think you'll find it the best bit of business you've done under the new manager and he'll end up a PL regular with or without Derby.

4 hours ago, admira said:

Having watched the first Leeds goal again, I don't understand why Grant palmed the ball to an area he couldn't see, when there were no Leeds players in front of him. Surely it would have made more sense to put it in the opposite direction where he had some visibility and no threat.

Why didn't he just tip it over the bar, so much more simpler.

4 hours ago, admira said:

Having watched the first Leeds goal again, I don't understand why Grant palmed the ball to an area he couldn't see, when there were no Leeds players in front of him. Surely it would have made more sense to put it in the opposite direction where he had some visibility and no threat.

Because he's a ******* idiot.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

PC's decisions have mostly been good ones, so you have to trust that shotton is the better choice right now. Im not a big fan of shotton myself but i think its unfair to blame him for grants decision making there. Grant made 3 bad decisions in a few seconds and it led to a goal, it happens though and he has done ok since he came back in for carson. Everyone applauds carson but hes not immune to mistakes either, cant recall the game now but him punching it and going over his head and would have been a goal if it hadnt been cleared off the line by (weiman i think?).

I agree with the first point you make, but not with the idea that shotton is a better choice. I cant honestly say as i've never seen training but i bet shotton performs alot better there - i feel he rushes things and crumbles under the pressure of a big game.

I also havnt watched the goal they scored back now, but from where i was in the stand it looked as if shotton falling over his own feet caused mass panic and then it was only downhill from there.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Just retuned into the game on sky and heard Peter Beargie summary of the game and I have to agree with him- that is with my neutral head on opposed to my Derby head. 

Derby weren't at there best today and if you want to get above Boro, these are the away games you need to win.

Silly cliche, doesn't matter which games you win, it's your final points tally that matters.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Silly cliche, doesn't matter which games you win, it's your final points tally that matters.

I think was he was meaning  Leeds are a mid table side and if you are at the top of the table  - mid table sides are where you scalp 3 pts away from home

I think derby started well with a wanderful by jeff hendrick dribbling past leeds defanders. But unfortunly lee grant was at fault for leeds goal by trying to much and maybe he should have just got up and caught the ball but maybe 3 defanders could have tried too clear the ball or stop it from crossing the line. But nobody can fault the lads fighting spirt. But leeds secound goal we could have defand it better but once tom ince came on we were a lot better and came to save the day. But we could have won the game right at the death. I felt guttied that we did not win the game but pround of them how they came back into the game. We need maybe be a bit more aggisve in our style of play and take the game more to our oppentents as they kicked **** out of shackall.

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And they also tried to pull Archie's head off........

2liht8x.jpg

Quality archive footage. But I can't work it out. Why are 2 your own avin a tear up on the left, one of whom seems to be carrying a bit of extra timber? Archie looks like he's trying to bum the number 6, so I can only assume that's his wife trying to turn his head through 360 degrees as the guy approaching bangs out a quick Tommy Cooper impression. And the ref seems in no particular hurry to break it up! Oh those halcyon days. Who decided to let football get in way of a good ruck?

6 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Quality archive footage. But I can't work it out. Why are 2 your own avin a tear up on the left, one of whom seems to be carrying a bit of extra timber? Archie looks like he's trying to bum the number 6, so I can only assume that's his wife trying to turn his head through 360 degrees as the guy approaching bangs out a quick Tommy Cooper impression. And the ref seems in no particular hurry to break it up! Oh those halcyon days. Who decided to let football get in way of a good ruck?

Hey do not insult a new peer of the realm - thats Francis Lee CBE with the timber youth!

17 hours ago, toddy said:

I think was he was meaning  Leeds are a mid table side and if you are at the top of the table  - mid table sides are where you scalp 3 pts away from home

Surely a pundit should be looking at things like current form rather than just current league position when assessing what are good and bad results?

Sky could pay my 3 year old to sit there if they just want someone to say that you should beat everyone below you in the league.

Archived