Festive Period Matches

Bris Vegas

Ipswich Town (A)

Fulham (H) Boxing Day

Leeds (A)

Middlesbrough (A) 

I don't know who does the fixtures, but IMO having three away games one at home over the festive period doesn't make any sense.

Hull also have three away and one at home, Boro have two at home and two away while Brighton have three at home and one away. Can't everyone have two and two - would make it fairer surely?

Anyway, what are your predictions? Eight points would be most welcome, although I could see us getting only five!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ipswich Town (A)

Fulham (H)

Leeds (A) Boxing day

Middlesbrough (A) 

I don't know who does the fixtures, but IMO having three away games one at home over the festive period doesn't make any sense.

Hull also have three away and one at home, Boro have two at home and two away while Brighton have three at home and one away. Can't everyone have two and two - would make it fairer surely?

Anyway, what are your predictions? Eight points would be most welcome, although I could see us getting only five!

We will get a minimum 6. We won't lose any of those games, and if we don't give Fulham a hiding I will show my arse at the Amex.

I actually knew Fulham was on Boxing Day, just wrote it wrong that was all:

Not losing to Boro will be big, while also picking up two wins would be most welcome. If we went L, W, W, D I'd see it as a solid run. I hate playing Ipswich, but having Shackell there will be huge.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ipswich Town (A)

Fulham (H) Boxing Day

Leeds (A)

Middlesbrough (A) 

we will have 6 after the first 2 games and leeds wont beat us twice so make that 9 after 3 games and we are due to beat boro up there so 12 for me

I'd be happy with 7pts from these. A win at Ipswich would be great for confidence and momentum (if such a thing exists) though. I reckon:

Ipswich Town (A) - Draw

Fulham (H) Boxing Day - Win

Leeds (A) - Win

Middlesbrough (A) - Lose 

12/12 please Santa.

Ho Ho Ho.

Seriously though - I'd take a loss in any of the other three if it meant taking points off Boro. It's vital we don't lose that one.

LWWD, 7 points.

Brighton v Boro will be interesting. Obviously a draw is the best result for us there, and if we can win.. top for Christmas Day. Merry Christmas.

Regardless of the Boro v Brighton score we're into the top 2 if we beat Ipswich.

I would be happy with 7 points, as long as we don't lose to Boro. Losing to Boro could set us back further, even if we win the three before hand, we could still find ourselves 5 points behind Boro after we play them. If we had to lose one, as much as it pains me to say it, I'd say it would have to be Leeds. Nothing side, not a rival in terms of league position. Losing to them would be much better than losing to Boro.

Ipswich D, Fulham W, Leeds W, Boro D is my prediction though, would be happy with that.

Archived