Ince, Bent, Martin

Day

Best we've seen Ince is last season with Bent in the team.

This season he's been poor.

v MK Dons Bent comes on 80 minutes and both Ince and Bent go on to score and win the game. They both starts a game tonight and Ince scores a hat trick.

If it's not a coincidence please explain.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it Bent or is it the different formation? I wasn't at the game so it's a genuine question.

I wonder if we continued with 4-2-3-1 but Martin leading the line, would he still do as well? That formation gives us real flexibility. Ince, Butterfield, Hughes or Bryson can all play the CAM role, Ince, Weimann or Russell either side. Martin and Bent up front. Hendrick, Thorne or Johnson as the two sitting players.

Bent is a poacher, plays higher up the pitch, this allows Ince to come in more central and cause problems.

Had Martin played tonight he would have dropped deeper trying to hold the ball up, this is how Martin likes to play and would have Forced Ince out wide. 

I'm not saying drop Martin. I just don't think we will see the best out of them together.

One game doesn't really tell us much. Afterall, with Bent/Ince spearheading our attack last season we were utterly defenceless in midfield and shipped goals for fun.

That said, of the game I've seen this season, Brmingham away we created loads of chances with those two as well.

What exactly did we play today? 4-3-3? 4-2-3-1? 4-4-2?

Ince is a confidence player, before he scored the goal he wasn't in the game, after it he wanted the ball at every opportunity and you could see every time he got the ball he was more relaxed.

The reason he is at Derby is because he isn't consistent enough, it's not because when Martin plays he doesn't perform.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

One game doesn't really tell us much. Afterall, with Bent/Ince spearheading our attack last season we were utterly defenceless in midfield and shipped goals for fun.

That said, of the game I've seen this season, Brmingham away we created loads of chances with those two as well.

It's not one game. Ince and Bent were awesome last season, our defence let us down.

We've seen them both turn the MK Dons result around, as you say the Birmingham game and tonight Ince with the hat trick.

Some players just work and I honestly think to see the best of Ince we need to play Bent or change the way Martin plays.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But last season we didn't have Shackell, Thorne and Bradley Johnson shoring everything up behind them.

8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Best we've seen Ince is last season with Bent in the team.

This season he's been poor.

v MK Dons Bent comes on 80 minutes and both Ince and Bent go on to score and win the game. They both starts a game tonight and Ince scores a hat trick.

If it's not a coincidence please explain.

Had nothing to do with Bent in my opinion, he was awful.

Maybe Ince unhappy when not the focal point of the team.

He certainly had a lot more of the ball tonight but then again his position was a lot more fluid.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Had nothing to do with Bent in my opinion, he was awful.

Maybe Ince unhappy when not the focal point of the team.

He certainly had a lot more of the ball tonight but then again his position was a lot more fluid.

Come on, he wasn't awful. Conor Sammon was awful, Bent 10 in 15. He's not the kind of striker to be running around, his game is being in the right place at the right time which also occupies defenders creating space 

Just now, Daveo said:

Come on, he wasn't awful. Conor Sammon was awful, Bent 10 in 15. He's not the kind of striker to be running around, his game is being in the right place at the right time which also occupies defenders creating space 

Just my personal opinion. He offers nothing. I wouldn't mind if he just stayed on the last defenders shoulder and made some intelligent runs but didn't even see him do that.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Scored 2 against Bolton with Martin, and both had a very good game, the missing thing from that game so far this season? Will Hughes. He linked the 2 of them superbly.

We drew 0-0 with Bolton

Archived