Ince, Bent, Martin

Day

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

His work rate was very good last night, probably his best in a Derby short so, yes for me, that aspect was outstanding, I will hold my hands up to that.

His link up play with Christie was ok, I thought at times Christie was just left to his own devices down the right, especially the second half.

His pass to Baird for the 3rd goal is something that I would expect any professional footballer to be able to do.

Ok, I give up. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - get it out with Optrex.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people don't rate bent, his record when he plays is pretty prolific as is the team when he is in the side. He just happened to play last season when we were in total mess at the back, that wasn't down to him, he wasn't making them making mistake after mistake, he didn't make players like Christie lose all their confidence.

I do have a concern that if we play 4231 that our squad balance goes out of the window, we have a lot of centre mids for 2 spots and we don't have any other players who really play the attacking 3 other than the 3 that played last night.

Should have heard the idiots behind me slating him. They loved him missing that header. 

"Look! He's offside now and we haven't got the ball!!" - Er, that's how playing on the last man works. You stand offside and on a defenders blind side so you can step onside at the last moment?

"He just doesn't get in the right areas" - He just had a shot from 5 yards? 

"He's actually got no pace has he" - Yes. Yes he has. 

"That was the worst free kick I've ever seen" - Is it the only free kick you've ever seen?

"Why's he dropped that deep? Get in the box!!!" -within minutes of - "He's not interested unless the ball is near the goal

This is the Simon Dawkins hate mob from 2013. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Should have heard the idiots behind me slating him. They loved him missing that header. 

"Look! He's offside now and we haven't got the ball!!" - Er, that's how playing on the last man works. You stand offside and on a defenders blind side so you can step onside at the last moment?

"He just doesn't get in the right areas" - He just had a shot from 5 yards? 

"He's actually got no pace has he" - Yes. Yes he has. 

"That was the worst free kick I've ever seen" - Is it the only free kick you've ever seen?

"Why's he dropped that deep? Get in the box!!!" -within minutes of - "He's not interested unless the ball is near the goal

This is the Simon Dawkins hate mob from 2013. 

Not related in any way, but I'm not liking this bolding of the posters status, seems like you're even further apart from us mere mortals now!

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Not related in any way, but I'm not liking this bolding of the posters status, seems like you're even further apart from us mere mortals now!

I'd not even noticed. 

Being a moderator isn't all about fast cars and hot women. There's actually more to it than that. 

Like hiding out the way until Davenport deals with any escalating issues. 

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me

19 hours ago, eddie said:

Why so many posts saying that Brizzle were rubbish and that no praise is warranted towards Derby because they are a team we should be turning over easily?

Bristol City beat Middlesborough and drew with Hull, therefore they are no mugs. Some of you apply double standards in order to justify your own blinkered opinions. For goodness sake, stop the bloody hand-wringing for once.

Completely agree. 

I thought Bristol were competitive before we scored and again at the start of 2nd half.

Maybe they came out a bit more in 2nd half which gave us a bit more space and we actually played very well to exploit it.

Archived