Overrated and Underrated Rams

sage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 23:36, MuespachRam said:

Over rated.....I would definitely go for George Thorne. He is a decent player, no doubt, but the position he plays is the easiest one in the history of football, I would throw Keogh and Bryson in on this group too, very over rated both of them.

Under rated....this is harder as the majority of fans talk about us like we are a cross between Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern, but I would say that maybe Warnock is under rated, very steady player, the same could be said about Baird.

I would actually say that if done correctly, defensive midfield is the one of the hardest positions to play.

On 11/12/2015 at 22:21, sage said:

Is there a current Derby player that you think is overrated by other fans and vice versa?

Ince is overrated so so badly! Overrated by a huge amount of fans who just listen to what is said on the radio and assume that's correct. Think Clement is very kind to him also, if Weimann or Russell had played anywhere near as bad as some of the performances he's put in this season they wouldn't even be in the squad, let alone starting 11.

As much as I love him, I have thought recently that Johnson is overrated to a certain degree. Quality player but makes some very rash decisions at times. 

In terms of underrated players, Hendrick is one that instantly comes to mind. Still think Bent has more to prove, I know a lot of people have written him off but I still think he's got a part to play this season.

I am always very confident of Jamie Hanson doing a job when called upon, never seen him play poorly yet. Not saying he should be starting, but in terms of quality I don't think he is as far down the pecking order as some might think. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 23:49, Bris Vegas said:

Ah, in that case this should be easy:

Overrated: Bryson (perhaps not now?), Russell, Weimann, Will Hughes (Sorry, he's excellent, but still overrated).

Underrated: Warnock, Baird

Hendrick is a mixture of both, vastly overrated by some yet he's not absolute garbage like others have made out. Martin can be both too, as well as Keogh.

The only player I think has been consistently brilliant is Jason Shackell. And interesting, I've not heard much about him being this, that or the other and neither have I seen any complaints. He's probably the least mentioned player on the forum, surprises me somewhat.

How can he be excellent and overrated? Will would be perfect in this midfield as the most forward midfielder linking Martin with both the wide men and other central midfielders.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:24, Papahet said:

Over;

Hendrick - The most average yet overrated  player I've seen in a Derby shirt, who continually gets plaudits(?). He reminds me of Paul Thirlwell, you have to wait an hour to know he's even playing.

Bent - massive wage, past it, continually offside...

Russell - goes on a run of form, was absolutely outstanding in pre season and earlier on in the league (that pass at Preston..). Fades away and once again is sat on the bench..."super Johnny Russell"

Ince - Every game lately I'm going away from a game thinking "4.5 million for this guy?!". He does sod all, he offers sod all, he can't dribble for sod all, he can't score of late, he also looks miserably as sin. I don't rate him.

Chrsitie - Johnny Russell mark II, goes on a run of form and then severely lacks confidence to take on a man, this continues for a dozen or so games. Even under Clements training he's not been that great bar the odd cameo, I do think there's better out there than Cyrus.

Roos - Scouted by all the top clubs supposedly, he always seems injured or at least be be third or fourth choice now having signed Mitchell.

under;

Grant - Bar Portsmouth, has barely put a foot wrong since resigning. Can't believe some fans wanted this guy hounded out the club, still a quality keeper.

Johnson - Check the win ratio since his arrival, it's no coincidence

Warnock - lacks pace but he's been just as good as anyone in that back four, solid as fook against Hull and forms a good partnership down the left with Weimann.

Shackell - Past it apparently...

Carson - Credit to Evans for this, yes Chris Evans pulled off a master stroke by signing a second choice keeper relegated last season with Wigan. He's been outstanding

Hughes - We aren't the same side with this guy in the eleven, I'm actually counting down the days till he's back. The side misses his intelligence on the ball.

Totally agree with the Hughes comment, especially the football intelligence (Will sees things we'll never see - Oasis live forever). He knits it all together.

3 hours ago, robster1 said:

How can he be excellent and overrated? Will would be perfect in this midfield as the most forward midfielder linking Martin with both the wide men and other central midfielders.

I love Will, and technically he's excellent. But he's overrated in that a good number of our fans think he's capable of doing things he can't and rate him at 15million plus...

He's an excellent Championship player, and for his age he displays a lot of intelligence. But he's not Andres Iniesta. Some on here said he was better than Jordan Henderson.

All fans overrate their own players. Take a look the Wednesday forum and there was a thread about how many of their players could play in the PL. Seriously, one bloke listed about 10.

Pretty sure Bannan, Forestieri and Turner were flogged from PL clubs becaus they aren't good enough.

On 11/12/2015 at 22:21, sage said:

Is there a current Derby player that you think is overrated by other fans and vice versa?

Overrated player:  Johnson at the moment, but i expect he'll improve his general play.  Russell, a decent and energetic player at his best but at his worst (like at the moment) he loses the ball at almost every opportunity.  Forsyth, i'm being harsh as i like him overall, but his distribution is really shocking at times.  Ince, i hope he is just having a bad run as is not one of those players that switches off as soon as he has a decent contract. 

Overrated fan:  I'm not really sure the players care about the performances of individual fans. 

I might have taken this too literally.

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'd drop both wingers at the moment me.

then I'd put my arms around both's shoulders and gently tell them to buck their Flamin ideas up or they'll train with the stiffs.

Not easy to play with a stiffy.

When we are just above the drop zone, then this thread becomes valid.

Stop picking on individuals and get behind the team. Comment if and only if you have a day to day knowledge of what is going on on/off the pitch, in training and you sit next to PC and MM on a day to day basis.

Some of the comments are as sad as what the gumps post.

12 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Ince is not overrated at all. Fans get on his back so quickly and a lot call for him to dropped because he isn't a 'hard worker like Johnny'. The thing about Ince is he can produce a moment of quality that can win a game.

It's one thing having that quality, it's another displaying it. His performances have been average at best for the last 2 months.

Archived