Overrated and Underrated Rams

sage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think I've seen an opposition fan even mention Christie unless they've seen him on TV (in which case its opinion on one game rather than an overall opinion).

I also don't think many will know Dawkins even plays for us any more. 

I think Hughes is underrated by many (but slightly overrated by many as well), Ince splits opinion also. Keogh is underrated by most.

I agree Weimann is overrated, but not because he's not very good (I'm not saying I think that's what your implying) but because many people seem to think he's good enough to play at a mid-table prem club, which he's not.

The OP was about Rams fans views

Just now, sage said:

The OP was about Rams fans views

"Is there a current Derby player that you think is overrated by other fans... "

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Just now, sage said:

I think that you are unsuccessfully looking for the words 'team's' between 'other' and 'fans'

Well surely you should just have said "Is there a current Derby player that you think is overrated/underrated?" - No-ones going to come on and say "Yes, I overrate Ince hugely". Of course we're talking about what other people think. 

Misleading!

For the record then, I generally disagree with your post almost entirely:

Martin and Forsyth are generally well recieved and I think fairly by Derby fans, a few don't like them but a few don't like anyone. I was once firmly in Dawkins corner, but the fact he hardly played under McClaren and is not playing at all under Clement doesn't really support that stance any more. Yes, he was good, occasionally. But he was average most of the time and poor the rest.

I also still think Christie and Weimann are quite poorly recieved by Derby fans and are better than the general consensus.

Hendrick I agree with, he's good, but not as good as many seem to think.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well surely you should just have said "Is there a current Derby player that you think is overrated/underrated?" - No-ones going to come on and say "Yes, I overrate Ince hugely". Of course we're talking about what other people think. 

Misleading!

For the record then, I generally disagree with your post almost entirely:

Martin and Forsyth are generally well recieved and I think fairly by Derby fans, a few don't like them but a few don't like anyone. I was once firmly in Dawkins corner, but the fact he hardly played under McClaren and is not playing at all under Clement doesn't really support that stance any more. Yes, he was good, occasionally. But he was average most of the time and poor the rest.

I also still think Christie and Weimann are quite poorly recieved by Derby fans and are better than the general consensus.

Hendrick I agree with, he's good, but not as good as many seem to think.

I hear fans constantly moaning about Martin when IMO he's one of our best players and arguably most important. I see most fans thinking Forsyth was ok though like Joni Mitchell suggested he is seen in a brighter light in his absence. Not sure how Dawkins not being picked affects your opinion of him.

As for Christie, there are fans on here who think he's the championship's best right back. He isn't. When Weimann scored a couple of goals, he was our first choice winger according to many. Running around and occasionally doing a fancy turn or scoring a goal sways people.  

3 hours ago, sage said:

I hear fans constantly moaning about Martin when IMO he's one of our best players and arguably most important. I see most fans thinking Forsyth was ok though like Joni Mitchell suggested he is seen in a brighter light in his absence. Not sure how Dawkins not being picked affects your opinion of him.

As for Christie, there are fans on here who think he's the championship's best right back. He isn't. When Weimann scored a couple of goals, he was our first choice winger according to many. Running around and occasionally doing a fancy turn or scoring a goal sways people.  

All thread you've been waiting to post this, all thread!

do you feel better now?

Poor old Christie, can't you afford a little smoke to be wafted towards his anus?  You'd be a terrible coach, surely he has some good points?  Come on, give us some good points re christie and Whywhywhyman.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

do you feel better now?

Poor old Christie, can't you afford a little smoke to be wafted towards his anus?  You'd be a terrible coach, surely he has some good points?  Come on, give us some good points re christie and Whywhywhyman.

They are both quick, Christie is strong. Weimann can on occasions kick the ball quite hard. They both try.

Just now, Boycie said:

can they improve?

There is scope. A lot of scope.

Christie lacks a football brain IMO. If you on the whole 90 mins on Ramsplayer at 40.10, he has the chance to play an easy first time side foot pass to Ince in the box and he takes a few touches instead, He does this every game.  

He needs to make better choices, both offensively and defensively. 

Weimann would suit playing upfront with a big or skilful target man in a 442. He can a decent shot at times but isn't a natural finisher from what I have seen.

To play in a 4 4 3, Weimann need to take his man on more and make runs along the line for a little ball behind the defence.

Will they learn? Who knows.

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

do you feel better now?

I'm a very good coach (IMO :p) it's what I do for a living. I'm not coaching Christie so I don't have to nurture his confidence.

3 hours ago, sage said:

9 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Weimann ? The dude that has scored half of the goals for us lately ?

I rest my case.

Archived