Overrated and Underrated Rams

sage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read a few forums, and from what I can gather:

Ince is overrated - often labelled our dangerman. Weimann is often rated as a quality player, I genuinely don't see it but perhaps that's just me. Russell perhaps too.

Carson and Keogh are vastly underrated - both are often labelled donkeys.

Bradley Johnson too. Seen numerous mentions how he's just a carthorse of a midfielder who is worth absolutely nowhere near the amount we paid for him.

In fact, there were a few great quotes on the Sheff Wed forum. One member said our midfield was rubbish, and there isn't one of them he'd have in his team over the likes of Bannan and Hutchinson 

That particular poster blasted our transfer committee as their midfield allegedly cost them next to nowt. 

Grant gets mixed views. Seen some call him a great goalkeeper, while others call him a donkey too. 

One of my mates is a big Reading fan and he backs Derby to win the league this season, but there are a few players he thinks are questionable - with Carson being the first!

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I've read a few forums, and from what I can gather:

Ince is overrated - often labelled our dangerman. Weimann is often rated as a quality player, I genuinely don't see it but perhaps that's just me. Russell perhaps too.

Carson and Keogh are vastly underrated - both are often labelled donkeys.

Bradley Johnson too. Seen numerous mentions how he's just a carthorse of a midfielder who is worth absolutely nowhere near the amount we paid for him.

In fact, there were a few great quotes on the Sheff Wed forum. One member said our midfield was rubbish, and there isn't one of them he'd have in his team over the likes of Bannan and Hutchinson 

That particular poster blasted our transfer committee as their midfield allegedly cost them next to nowt. 

Grant gets mixed views. Seen some call him a great goalkeeper, while others call him a donkey too. 

One of my mates is a big Reading fan and he backs Derby to win the league this season, but there are a few players he thinks are questionable - with Carson being the first!

Ah

I meant by other Rams fans, not other teams fans

Over rated.....I would definitely go for George Thorne. He is a decent player, no doubt, but the position he plays is the easiest one in the history of football, I would throw Keogh and Bryson in on this group too, very over rated both of them.

Under rated....this is harder as the majority of fans talk about us like we are a cross between Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern, but I would say that maybe Warnock is under rated, very steady player, the same could be said about Baird.

Over-rated - Johnny Russell. He hurt my leg at Burton as I valiantly prevented his shot during pre-game practice from smashing into the Memsahib. Did I get a free shirt? Not a chance.

Under-rated - Stephen Warnock, although some of you are now beginning to recognise his contribution.

16 minutes ago, sage said:

Ah

I meant by other Rams fans, not other teams fans

Ah, in that case this should be easy:

Overrated: Bryson (perhaps not now?), Russell, Weimann, Will Hughes (Sorry, he's excellent, but still overrated).

Underrated: Warnock, Baird

Hendrick is a mixture of both, vastly overrated by some yet he's not absolute garbage like others have made out. Martin can be both too, as well as Keogh.

The only player I think has been consistently brilliant is Jason Shackell. And interesting, I've not heard much about him being this, that or the other and neither have I seen any complaints. He's probably the least mentioned player on the forum, surprises me somewhat.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ah, in that case this should be easy:

Overrated: Bryson (perhaps not now?), Russell, Weimann, Will Hughes (Sorry, he's excellent, but still overrated).

Underrated: Warnock, Baird

Hendrick is a mixture of both, vastly overrated by some yet he's not absolute garbage like others have made out. Martin can be both too, as well as Keogh.

The only player I think has been consistently brilliant is Jason Shackell. And interesting, I've not heard much about him being this, that or the other and neither have I seen any complaints. He's probably the least mentioned player on the forum, surprises me somewhat.

I agree about Shackell. Probably our most consistently good player. He's hardly got a MOTM this season but has been above average every game.

Hendrick definitely fits in both. Some people think he's PL class. Some think he's a pointless waste of a shirt. 

Martin possibly? He probably wouldn't be as good for any other team as for us because here he fits perfectly. Couldn't walk into just any team.

Shackell possibly underrated? Butterfield too. 

The most overrated is Russell by miles. I like him but he gets away with some terrible stuff by being enthusiastic and energetic. 

23 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

OVER; Bryson, Hughes, Ince, Martin

UNDER; Carson, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Butterfield, Albentosa, Rawson

Hughes: over-rated, I wouldn't say so, obviously a top player, I presume you're just referring to the people that rate him as world class already ie. should be playing for England?

Archived