Championship Best XI so far?

Howard Canitbé

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10093087/10-in-10-don-goodman-picks-his-best-championship-xi-so-far-this-season

According to SkySports' Don Goodman, this is his top XI from the Championship so far.

Marshall (Cardiff)

Elmohamady (Hull)                    Keogh                       Shackell                      Friend (Boro)

Clayton (Boro)                Kayal (Brighton)             Gleeson (Birmingham)

Judge (Brentford)              Austin (QPR)                Nugent (Boro)    

What does everyone think? What would your best XI be? (Try not to be biased).

Based on THIS season, I think Cyrus Christie is unfortunate not to be included at RB. I also think Gray for Burnley is an odd exclusion.

Don't know enough about other Championship clubs to make a full XI myself without including at least 5 Derby players, so I'll leave it to the more educated amongst you.           

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Boro fans not too happy that Keogh got in over Ayala.

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4671998

Decent team that, swap Gleeson for Thorne and Nugent for Blackman.

“If it's just on who in his opinion are the best players in the league then Downing would have to be in there. He showed against Ipswich that he is better than anyone else in this league.”

“Ayala is the best cb in the Championship by a mile”

“ayala is classes above him.”

“I'm not so sure Keogh is as bad as is being said on here. However, Ayala is a class apart.”

“Imagine having no budget constraints and picking Judge over Downing”

“If there's a better centre half in the league than Ayala then I hadn't seen him he oozes class.”

Nice to see they're not too biased. :)

Crazy how Ayala is a class above Keogh (and every other centre half in the league) but Premier League teams were linked with Keogh in the summer and not Ayala. Boro fans obviously know more than the Premier League scouts.

And a lot of them are questioning Judge's place in the team. 7 goals and 6 assists would suggest he probably deserves it ahead of most players.

Always found this a really pointless exercise.

How can people possibly pass judgement in players they have seen play 2 or 3 times?!

Ayala may have been immense this season and I would not have the slightest clue so how could I possibly say Keogh and Shackell are better?! On their performances at ipro I would actually say Michael Keane was better but there is not much between any of them. 

I am not even sure who out best 11 is so how I could know the best 11 in the league is beyond me!

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

“If it's just on who in his opinion are the best players in the league then Downing would have to be in there. He showed against Ipswich that he is better than anyone else in this league.”

“Ayala is the best cb in the Championship by a mile”

“ayala is classes above him.”

“I'm not so sure Keogh is as bad as is being said on here. However, Ayala is a class apart.”

“Imagine having no budget constraints and picking Judge over Downing”

“If there's a better centre half in the league than Ayala then I hadn't seen him he oozes class.”

Nice to see they're not too biased. :)

Crazy how Ayala is a class above Keogh (and every other centre half in the league) but Premier League teams were linked with Keogh in the summer and not Ayala. Boro fans obviously know more than the Premier League scouts.

And a lot of them are questioning Judge's place in the team. 7 goals and 6 assists would suggest he probably deserves it ahead of most players.

Them smoggies on that forum are delusional all the time and I post on there as well lol I just posted it minutes ago lol. 

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Thought that was you. Isn't Ayala Spanish? Would Keogh get in the Spain team?

Yep he's Spanish and no to the second answer. 

We've conceded one less goal than Boro  our defence is better than theirs. Hence why our CB's are in ahead of theirs. Shackell wins everything in the air while Keogh is an excellent footballer who has the ability to carry the ball out from the back, excellent pairing but also brilliant individually for separate reasons.

I would agree Friend is the best LB in the league and rightly deserves his place, however Leadbitter > Clayton personally. Gray ahead of Judge for me also but apart from that, a well selected group of players.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Butterfield in there come the end of the season though...

Archived