Championship Best XI so far?

Howard Canitbé

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

We've conceded one less goal than Boro  our defence is better than theirs. Hence why our CB's are in ahead of theirs. Shackell wins everything in the air while Keogh is an excellent footballer who has the ability to carry the ball out from the back, excellent pairing but also brilliant individually for separate reasons.

I would agree Friend is the best LB in the league and rightly deserves his place, however Leadbitter > Clayton personally. Gray ahead of Judge for me also but apart from that, a well selected group of players.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Butterfield in there come the end of the season though...

My one question about your post is - is finding the 'therefore' symbol really quicker than typing therefore?!

32 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm incredulous that people think Christie is the best RB in the championship. Unless Mick Coop is playing for the other 23 clubs of course.

Statistically, he does more for his team than any others. Other than that it's all opinion, always will be. 

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Statistically, he has done more for his team than any others. Other than that it's all opinion, always will be. 

FTFM

6 minutes ago, sage said:

In that case I'll pick him on Fifa16.

Only half-fans don't win the champions league with the current Derby XI on Fifa.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

FTFM

Only half-fans don't win the champions league with the current Derby XI on Fifa.

ctrl/alt/del plus 'restore last save' - you know it makes sense.

There's so many good midfielders in this division

the two most impressive I have seen this season are MacDonald from Wolves and Leadbitter at Middlesbro. Even Lansbury over the Way should be in contention.

In terms of strikers I have to say that Rhodes is a completely enigma to me. Clearly he scores loads of goals . Maybe that in itself is enough. But he does absolutely nothing for the team and many times looks a complete lightweight. But maybe the goalscoring should just outweigh his lack of contribution ? Cant quite see it myself .

I can think only few players who definitely should be in the team:

Shackell, we see the reason for it every week.

Friend, he is the only very good left back in whole division.

Judge, who has been excellent so far.

Rest is up to graps.

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 23:52, YorkshireRam said:

We've conceded one less goal than Boro  our defence is better than theirs. Hence why our CB's are in ahead of theirs. Shackell wins everything in the air while Keogh is an excellent footballer who has the ability to carry the ball out from the back, excellent pairing but also brilliant individually for separate reasons.

I would agree Friend is the best LB in the league and rightly deserves his place, however Leadbitter > Clayton personally. Gray ahead of Judge for me also but apart from that, a well selected group of players.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Butterfield in there come the end of the season though...

On that rationale though, Ayala and Gibson have both just muscled their way into the team on the back of today's resultsand the way they change the total goals conceded column for this season so far. Looking longer term it's also based on the fact that no defence in the entire 92 clubs of Prem and FL has conceded less than Boro's per league game in the past 18 months.

However I imagine the champo's XI is based on every angle of defensive duties, not just the shut outs. For me personally Dawson would be the top CB in this league, with Keogh and Ayala tied in second.

5 hours ago, ipad1977 said:

On that rationale though, Ayala and Gibson have both just muscled their way into the team on the back of today's resultsand the way they change the total goals conceded column for this season so far. Looking longer term it's also based on the fact that no defence in the entire 92 clubs of Prem and FL has conceded less than Boro's per league game in the past 18 months.

However I imagine the champo's XI is based on every angle of defensive duties, not just the shut outs. For me personally Dawson would be the top CB in this league, with Keogh and Ayala tied in second.

My 2nd point compounds the fact that the team is also picked on personal merits though, hence why Keogh and Shackell both feature, very different defenders, however both also part of the same defensive unit that has been excellent so far this season.

You cant fault the whole team thats selected, except its down to opinion, and also largely most peoples selections are based on ignorance of other teams players.

There is one exception - Nugent? Really? He didnt arrive on loan until the season was well underway, and he has been rotated at best, hadn't been first choice at worst. I could name 5 or 6 who deserve their place ahead of him.

Archived