Derby County v Brighton

Day

Very hard not not base my team off knee jerk decisions after today's game but here's the team I would field:

Grant

Christie           Keogh      Shackell         Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield          Johnson

Russell                                                   Weimann
                                                                Martin

Similar team, Ince has been poor recently so drop him and replace him with Johnny, more direct which could expose the lack of pace in Brighton's defence. They also looked susceptible to quick counter attacks against Charlton which Russell is more suited for. 
Grant retains his place due to a good performance today, no need to rush Carson back despite being a better keeper.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement has commented on how players are desperate to play against their former clubs. Does this mean he'll given Darren Bent a start against Brighton? We can see our wingers are struggling so maybe it could be:

Carson

Christie      Keogh      Shackell      Warnock

Thorne

Hendrick            Johnson

Martin

Bent      Weimann

Bench: Grant, Baird, Ince, Russell, Bryson, Shotton, Butterfield

If trying a formation such as this, it's vital the full backs get forward a lot. I don't expect Clement to make such a drastic change, but I do think it would be interesting. Martin is a great player at holding the ball up and linking play and for me that makes him perfect for this position just behind a front two of Bent and Weimann who should terrify opposing defences.

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We would be mad to abandon the 4-3-3 after winning five home games on the spin.

Our wingers just need a kick up the backside.

Agree with the 4-3-3 formation remaining - don't really want to start messing with other formations when we have to play a team full of confidence .

Is it that both Ince and Russell are poor simply because as we are using the full backs as wingers?

- As Christie is constantly running up the right wing in an attacking position and mostly crossing the ball directly into the box for Martin it sort of leaves Ince  out of position.  Last season the ball would be released earlier to Ince who would then either cross it or he would cut in & beat an a player, shot and score.

18 hours ago, Daveo said:

Saturday the twelfth of December, three o clock kick off. 

Brighton are unbeaten, I'm unbeaten, Ince couldn't beat an egg at the moment. I'm a little fried at the moment, change of formation and Bent to poach one? What eggsactly do we need to change from the Sheff Wed game, time for Clement to hatch a cracking plan to beat Brighton.

You've been watching too much of James Martin on saturday Kitchen. Focus on Chris instead.

21 hours ago, Daveo said:

Brighton are unbeaten, I'm unbeaten, Ince couldn't beat an egg at the moment. I'm a little fried at the moment, change of formation and Bent to poach one? What eggsactly do we need to change from the Sheff Wed game, time for Clement to hatch a cracking plan to beat Brighton.

What's with the eggs jokes? Just get ova it

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

:

Carson

Thorne

Martin

Bent      Weimann

Not this. Anything but this.

22 hours ago, Daveo said:

Shell you be there then?

Can't really see anything that would suggest PC will make any other changes than Carson to return if fit.

The coaching work this week should be getting into the heads of Martin, Ince and Weimann to make sure they individually and collectively lift their games for this big match. I might have a little word in the ears of Thorne, Johnson and Christie too about releasing the ball more quickly, and I would put an arm round the shoulder of Hendrick to say that his chance will come.

Bloody easy this management lark.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Clement has commented on how players are desperate to play against their former clubs. Does this mean he'll given Darren Bent a start against Brighton? We can see our wingers are struggling so maybe it could be:

Carson

Thorne

Martin

Bent      Weimann

If trying a formation such as this, it's vital the full backs get forward a lot. I don't expect Clement to make such a drastic change, but I do think it would be interesting. Martin is a great player at holding the ball up and linking play and for me that makes him perfect for this position just behind a front two of Bent and Weimann who should terrify opposing defences.

They didn't terrify anybody yesterday,except me.

3 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Just had a peep on the Brighton forum, and apparently Calderon had a nightmare on Saturday at LB (he is a RB), but they have no real alternative apparently. Hopefully we can use this as an advantage 

Good. Looked on 1 tweets that their CBs had a nightmare in first half apparently. 

Archived