Dean Sturridge appreciation

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good player who seemed to go from being average to really good overnight, rated at 7 mil at one point, to finally becoming a bit part player at derby and sold for (i think 350k) to Leicester.

Remember him getting booed after that when he played against Derby, but do recall a bit of an odd ocassion when he was substituted when he played for wolves i think and he turned and clapped the derby crowd and mumblings of boo's turned into a round of applause.

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I have not seen a thread about him yet, and I just wanted to say what a wonderful footballer he was for Derby County.Could peeps share his wonderful moments with the club?

That one against Arsenal is one of my favourites ever.

Remember being a ball boy for the Arsenal league cup game in 92/93 season... We ball boys had to be there early so we were sitting in home dugout, I had a telegraph for some reason... Deano was behind us, asked if he could have a look and p****d off with it.... Cheapskate

all honesty did very well for 2/3 seasons... Goals hit us up and could mix it in the Prem too.

Loved his goal against Palace in the promotion game. Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that as soon as he got clear that ball was ending up in the back of their net?

So disappointed when he left.

Wanchope, Sturridge, Baiano, was a great frontline, and with Ace and Eranio in midfield as well - what a team!

4 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Loved his goal against Palace in the promotion game. Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that as soon as he got clear that ball was ending up in the back of their net?

Wanchope, Sturridge, Baiano, was a great frontline, and with Ace and Eranio in midfield as well - what a team!

stuff of dreams mate.

The goal against Arsenal where he chips it over Seaman... he absolutely destroys Petit. He must give him a 5 yard head start, beats him to the ball and then shrugs him off as if he was nothing. The finish isn't bad either.

The last person before Martin to get 20 in a season for us isn't he? Never seemed to be taken to by the fans though who perhaps didn't like his perceived 'attitude'.

12 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

It was a shame we didn't get to see Ace with Eranio and Baiano enough before we sold him.

Archived