Attendance at Forest

robster1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Your wrong again. Think about this. They already have as low as 14,500 season ticket holders this season. In their last home game before they played us, they played Ipswich and there was less then 17,000 forest fans in the ground. It's getting down towards 12,000 already. Fawaz is killing the club. Just because they won the European cup doesn't mean they are a big club. Notts county were traditionally the biggest team in nottingham and Clough changed the whole landscape. 

I didn't ever say Mr Clough KNOWS we would have won 3 European cups. I said Mr Clough said maybe derby would have won 3. Please do not make things up.

You can go against what everyone at the time said if you want to. Meanwhile I'll go with what the people (Clough,Taylor,mcfarland,todd,gemmill,ohare,hector) that mattered believed.   

Notts county were not a bigger club before Clough went to Forest, they were getting gates rubbish gates, in fact according to my extensive research, they had 1 season in 1971 where they had over 13,000 average gates since 1960...so you can apologise for being wrong about that whenever you like. 

The thoughts about what may or may not have happened if Clough had stayed is anyone's GUESS, although I would say that when Dave took over we had a better team and still didn't win anything in Europe....

38 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Notts county were not a bigger club before Clough went to Forest, they were getting gates rubbish gates, in fact according to my extensive research, they had 1 season in 1971 where they had over 13,000 average gates since 1960...so you can apologise for being wrong about that whenever you like. 

The thoughts about what may or may not have happened if Clough had stayed is anyone's GUESS, although I would say that when Dave took over we had a better team and still didn't win anything in Europe....

Better players, I'll grant you that, but a better TEAM, that's highly debatable.

Dave didn't really have much chance to prove it either unfortunately, he was gone in the blink of an eye as well.

[sigh]

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't really agree with this.

The point is they are the ones who on every possible occasion big themselves up. They tend to claim they are the biggest team in the East Midlands. Twice European Cup Winners etc. All that I can see being said is that if all they say is correct you would think they would have enough supporters to fill their ground for their biggest game of the season, £35.00 on Sky or not!

It sounds like you are arguing for the sake of it.

Do they? All of them? I have Forest fan mates who have never mentioned European Cups because they were won before they were even born. Infact not heard much from their fans for a few years. Isn't it us talking up ' the best squad' in the division etc? 

Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, I stopped attending the away fixture when prices went silly so can understand why they may do the same.

Did not even realise I was arguing, just pointing out my opinion on the petty attendance debate.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely it's only a big match to people who wish to attend?

We are slating people for not paying £35 to watch a match they can watch for free on tv, yet ignore the fact that we have about 20,000 fans who can't be arsed to go to games when tickets are £10.

They beat us fair and square on Friday and threads like this make us look sore losers and are just as embarrassing as their attendance.

No one is saying they didn't deserve to beat us. You asked what his point was, I was merely explaining to you what I believe his point to be. The majority of people wishing to attend would be Derby or forest fans so yes, for the majority of them, it is a big match

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

Man Utd get 70,000+

So we're both "tinpot". 

More interested in how many hairs I have on my chest tbh. I've got like 7. I think puberty is just around the corner 

I'm like a bear. Grrr!

On 9 November 2015 at 09:10:58, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Forest are a small club really. I think they will go back to getting 12,000 crowds again in the next few years. They were getting less then 10,000 before Brian Clough arrived in 1975 then all of a sudden people thought they were a massive club. 

Not sure if it was 1975 or more like 79 when they had just won back to back European cups, oh yeah and the first division title that they thought they were a massive club ?

boro fan here. sometimes come on here to read your forum. some good stuff on it and some like any other club fans bias. have to admit you have excellent home support something we never have now but your really getting to sound like the geordies, when you get beat switch the topic to the attendance saying were a big club because we get more than you.  newcastle being doing this for 50 years plus.  like i said cant be critical on your support just surely the result matters now. derby will be there at the end of the season no doubt just hope we will be

12 minutes ago, Tom1 said:

boro fan here. sometimes come on here to read your forum. some good stuff on it and some like any other club fans bias. have to admit you have excellent home support something we never have now but your really getting to sound like the geordies, when you get beat switch the topic to the attendance saying were a big club because we get more than you.  newcastle being doing this for 50 years plus.  like i said cant be critical on your support just surely the result matters now. derby will be there at the end of the season no doubt just hope we will be

Regarding Newcastle whenever I get chance I like to remind them how there attendances slumped after they were relegated in 1978.I went to St James  when we played them in 80/81 and 81/82 gates were around 20,000 and 17,000 and one match was played in the Christmas period .I am assuming capacity was around 40,000 then ?.

43 minutes ago, Tom1 said:

boro fan here. sometimes come on here to read your forum. some good stuff on it and some like any other club fans bias. have to admit you have excellent home support something we never have now but your really getting to sound like the geordies, when you get beat switch the topic to the attendance saying were a big club because we get more than you.  newcastle being doing this for 50 years plus.  like i said cant be critical on your support just surely the result matters now. derby will be there at the end of the season no doubt just hope we will be

Haven't you got some empty red seats you should be counting? 

1 hour ago, Tom1 said:

Like I said we should be getting at least another 6000 plus , the point I was meaning your sound like newcastle when you get beat you start about the crowd how big a club you are, 

Some are serious when they post stuff like that but quite a few are taking the urine and hoping for a bite off either resident treetards or some of the more serious/sensible people on here. The only persons posts i read on here and know for 100% he is being serious is B4.

Archived