Attendance at Forest

robster1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, nffc1395 said:

Eh?

Why go on for months about TwentyIsPlenty then criticise Forest fans for not buying £35 tickets.

Bizarre lot, and that hypocrisy will continue to be the reason why football clubs charge more.

Yeah, right.

Have you got any sisters??

6 hours ago, nffc1395 said:

Eh?

Why go on for months about TwentyIsPlenty then criticise Forest fans for not buying £35 tickets.

Bizarre lot, and that hypocrisy will continue to be the reason why football clubs charge more.

TwentysPlenty was for away fans, guess you missed that like fawaz. Try again to explain the empty seats ?

9 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

I believe his point to be that for their biggest game of the season against their local rivals he would expect the game to be a near sell out and not be so short of capacity

Surely it's only a big match to people who wish to attend?

We are slating people for not paying £35 to watch a match they can watch for free on tv, yet ignore the fact that we have about 20,000 fans who can't be arsed to go to games when tickets are £10.

They beat us fair and square on Friday and threads like this make us look sore losers and are just as embarrassing as their attendance.

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely it's only a big match to people who wish to attend?

We are slating people for not paying £35 to watch a match they can watch for free on tv, yet ignore the fact that we have about 20,000 fans who can't be arsed to go to games when tickets are £10.

They beat us fair and square on Friday and threads like this make us look sore losers and are just as embarrassing as their attendance.

Don't really agree with this.

The point is they are the ones who on every possible occasion big themselves up. They tend to claim they are the biggest team in the East Midlands. Twice European Cup Winners etc. All that I can see being said is that if all they say is correct you would think they would have enough supporters to fill their ground for their biggest game of the season, £35.00 on Sky or not!

It sounds like you are arguing for the sake of it.

31 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't really agree with this.

The point is they are the ones who on every possible occasion big themselves up. They tend to claim they are the biggest team in the East Midlands. Twice European Cup Winners etc. All that I can see being said is that if all they say is correct you would think they would have enough supporters to fill their ground for their biggest game of the season, £35.00 on Sky or not!

It sounds like you are arguing for the sake of it.

Forest only ever got 20 odd thousand because they were winning none stop for nearly 20 years under Mr Clough. That built up there fan base. But now they are **** again they will go back to 12,000. 

Notice how Brian never said he could take forest on and dominate the english game like liverpool did. Where as at Derby Mr Clough said we would have been bigger than liverpool maybe won 3 European cups and serval leagues and cups. If he would have stayed we would be like liverpool are now maybe. 

1 hour ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Forest only ever got 20 odd thousand because they were winning none stop for nearly 20 years under Mr Clough. That built up there fan base. But now they are **** again they will go back to 12,000. 

Notice how Brian never said he could take forest on and dominate the english game like liverpool did. Where as at Derby Mr Clough said we would have been bigger than liverpool maybe won 3 European cups and serval leagues and cups. If he would have stayed we would be like liverpool are now maybe. 

i will take you up on a bet if you like, i bet you 100 English pounds that Forest won't go down to 12,000 average gate in my life time........such a silly statement.

As for Brian saying that, it is easy to say stuff like that after the time because no one knows what would have happened, and he did say a lot of wild and crazy stuff remember.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

i will take you up on a bet if you like, i bet you 100 English pounds that Forest won't go down to 12,000 average gate in my life time........such a silly statement.

As for Brian saying that, it is easy to say stuff like that after the time because no one knows what would have happened, and he did say a lot of wild and crazy stuff remember.

Im happy to take the bet thats fine. Do you live near belper? Also you dont have cancer or anything do you? Because the "in my life time" part is abit vauge. As long as you last 10 years ill take the bet. 

And regarding the part about Mr Clough, your going against what most people who were around at the time thought and the comments made by brian in both his books. Also peter taylor said the same thing in his book. Also nearly every player from that time. Roy mcfarland, colin todd, archie gemmill and john ohare all agree with what i said. Also brian clough won 2 european cups with forest so it doesnt really add up for you to say brian "did say alot of wild and crazy stuff" regarding winning the european cup at derby. I dont see how thats "wild and crazy stuff" 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Another thread making us look tinpot & bitter, I bet the Red Dogs are loving it...

Oh yes

14 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Im happy to take the bet thats fine. Do you live near belper? Also you dont have cancer or anything do you? Because the "in my life time" part is abit vauge. As long as you last 10 years ill take the bet. 

WTAF :D:D:D What kind of question is that

2 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

And regarding the part about Mr Clough, your going against what most people who were around at the time thought and the comments made by brian in both his books. Also peter taylor said the same thing in his book. Also nearly every player from that time. Roy mcfarland, colin todd, archie gemmill and john ohare all agree with what i said. Also brian clough won 2 european cups with forest so it doesnt really add up for you to say brian "did say alot of wild and crazy stuff" regarding winning the european cup at derby. I dont see how thats "wild and crazy stuff" 

You sound like either a silly little school boy or an escapee from an old peoples home, I can't decide which. Of course they won't go down to 12,000 attendances, they are a massive club one of the top 20-30 in the country, just like we are. They have only been around that figure in 73-74 the rest of the times were pre war...! You should check out our average attendances around the early 80's if you want below 12,000 consistently. 

As for Clough saying that if he had stayed he would have won 3 European cups...give me strength, NO ONE knows what might have happened, we very well could have gone on to win 20 of them or we could have been relegated..no one knows and no one ever will know. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

You sound like either a silly little school boy or an escapee from an old peoples home, I can't decide which. Of course they won't go down to 12,000 attendances, they are a massive club one of the top 20-30 in the country, just like we are. They have only been around that figure in 73-74 the rest of the times were pre war...! You should check out our average attendances around the early 80's if you want below 12,000 consistently. 

As for Clough saying that if he had stayed he would have won 3 European cups...give me strength, NO ONE knows what might have happened, we very well could have gone on to win 20 of them or we could have been relegated..no one knows and no one ever will know. 

Your wrong again. Think about this. They already have as low as 14,500 season ticket holders this season. In their last home game before they played us, they played Ipswich and there was less then 17,000 forest fans in the ground. It's getting down towards 12,000 already. Fawaz is killing the club. Just because they won the European cup doesn't mean they are a big club. Notts county were traditionally the biggest team in nottingham and Clough changed the whole landscape. 

I didn't ever say Mr Clough KNOWS we would have won 3 European cups. I said Mr Clough said maybe derby would have won 3. Please do not make things up.

You can go against what everyone at the time said if you want to. Meanwhile I'll go with what the people (Clough,Taylor,mcfarland,todd,gemmill,ohare,hector) that mattered believed.   

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

How are you going to claim your bet if you win?

Archived