Bryson Interview on Rams Player 26/10/15

JAT

With our current impressive form it's easy to dismiss Brysons previous contributions and see him as unnecessary or baggage, but I genuinely think we've really missed him. The season before last, he was amazing. 

Theres no one who could burst in and around Chris Martin like he can(could).

Jeff's had 2-3 good games recently, but they, to me, are the first in a very long time and a fully functioning Bryson has always been twice the player that Hendrick is.

IF we get Bryson back to his best and playing with Thorne and Johnson/Butterfield, I think we'll start seeing that attacking fluidity that we had in Maclarens first season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson's the best of our midfielder at reading Martin and supporting him in and around the box. Last season a combination of injuries and when available, being played much too deep meant he was never able to reproduce the form of season 13/14.

I hope he gets the opportunity to at least get somewhere close to that level of performance but I have some doubts that he will - he seems to have had setback after setback from these injuries.

We don't need the money? How do you think Mel has got the money he has....pretty sure he hasn't got a money tree at the bottom of his garden. Pretty sure any revenue from a cup run would be greatly appreciated

Let us imagine that we play three games in the FA Cup and Martin or Thorne get a long term injury. £130 million potentially harder to get. Where is the money in that? In the league it cannot be avoided, in the FA Cup it can be avoided.

Like Hendrick he's just pointless unless he's getting in the final third. His passing is always short and accurate. In our half we sometimes need to miss a man out when moving the ball. In the opponents third it counts as pressure leading to openings. 

He's a direct competitor for Hendrick. Even Butterfield is probably slightly more suited to Johnson's middle role? 

Nothing has really changed for Bryson. He's still mostly up against Hendrick as he always has been. He's knocked him out the team before. He should be feeling confident he can do it again. 

Bryson's the best of our midfielder at reading Martin and supporting him in and around the box. Last season a combination of injuries and when available, being played much too deep meant he was never able to reproduce the form of season 13/14.

I hope he gets the opportunity to at least get somewhere close to that level of performance but I have some doubts that he will - he seems to have had setback after setback from these injuries.

It will be interesting to see if anyone can repeat his 16 goals from midfield,  or inspire a draw when we are down 

1 - 4 at halftime.

Like Hendrick he's just pointless unless he's getting in the final third. His passing is always short and accurate. In our half we sometimes need to miss a man out when moving the ball. In the opponents third it counts as pressure leading to openings. 

He's a direct competitor for Hendrick. Even Butterfield is probably slightly more suited to Johnson's middle role? 

Nothing has really changed for Bryson. He's still mostly up against Hendrick as he always has been. He's knocked him out the team before. He should be feeling confident he can do it again. 

This...I think! Not really sure where Butterfield is at his best but the second half at Huddersfield would make it seems he is at his best getting in advanced positions.

Well is he fit for Saturday? Btw I saw hendo yesterday he says he is fit now just had a virus last week. 

Hendo doesn't work, you've got to have a cool name like Dave to carry an o at the end. I'm not Dave tho, it's David which is even cooler.

Let us imagine that we play three games in the FA Cup and Martin or Thorne get a long term injury. £130 million potentially harder to get. Where is the money in that? In the league it cannot be avoided, in the FA Cup it can be avoided.

No argument about playing a second string team, just saying earlier that we don't need the money is what got me, kind of arrogant thing to say.

I see it said in transfer threads, let's get x player we've got the money, don't sell x player we don't need the money. You're just the unlucky one I've finally bitten on.

Mel's money won't last forever, he's a businessman, will want to see a return on his money be it from advertising, selling players or cup runs.

This...I think! Not really sure where Butterfield is at his best but the second half at Huddersfield would make it seems he is at his best getting in advanced positions.

You'd put him in the Bryson and Hendrick role? Leaving Hughes v Johnson and Thorne v Hanson. Injury free like?  

Not watched the Udders match yet, will do tonight (too busy to make away games lately. Only make time for home ones because already paid for!!) The other games were a bit to early to judge Butterfield. Clearly a talented player from when he's played against us. Wasn't really sure of his most suited role.

You'd put him in the Bryson and Hendrick role? Leaving Hughes v Johnson and Thorne v Hanson. Injury free like?  

Not watched the Udders match yet, will do tonight (too busy to make away games lately. Only make time for home ones because already paid for!!) The other games a bit to early to judge Butterfield. Clearly a talented player from when he's played against us. Wasn't really sure of his most suited role.

I've always had the impression he was brought in to "replace" what Will gives us - they are both link-up players who like to pass the ball around and start off attacking moves (with Hughes obviously being a class above, but Butterfield being able to find the net more). I always look at our midfield like this:

DM - Thorne/Hanson

Attacking Engine - Bryson/Hendrick/Johnson

Ball player - Hughes/Butterfield

If a healthy squad has one replacement for every position, then we have one midfielder surplus to requirements. So it'll probably be Bryson or Hendrick who moves on.

I've always had the impression he was brought in to "replace" what Will gives us - they are both link-up players who like to pass the ball around and start off attacking moves (with Hughes obviously being a class above, but Butterfield being able to find the net more). I always look at our midfield like this:
DM - Thorne/Hanson

Attacking Engine - Bryson/Hendrick/Johnson

Ball player - Hughes/Butterfield

If a healthy squad has one replacement for every position, then we have one midfielder surplus to requirements. So it'll probably be Bryson or Hendrick who moves on.

Will be Bryson, injuries and age aren't on his side - plus that horrendous 5 year contract.

No argument about playing a second string team, just saying earlier that we don't need the money is what got me, kind of arrogant thing to say.

I see it said in transfer threads, let's get x player we've got the money, don't sell x player we don't need the money. You're just the unlucky one I've finally bitten on.

Mel's money won't last forever, he's a businessman, will want to see a return on his money be it from advertising, selling players or cup runs.

Fair comment Daveo. If I was Mel as a businessman, I would make the best decisions to increase the chances of getting the jackpot. No offence intended, but if we get promoted, Mel has purchased Derby County and after a year he is pretty much not out of pocket. Now I call that genius.Let us hope that he looks like a genius in may. That is what I want.

Hendo doesn't work, you've got to have a cool name like Dave to carry an o at the end. I'm not Dave tho, it's David which is even cooler.

I spose hendo doesn't look so good when you spell it out... Visions of ladies getting drunk. But he knew who I was referring to. What about Bryso? That doesn't work well just dropping the n off the name. 

Tore his medial ligament in a tackle in the first minute against Bolton. That's pretty harsh.

Wasn't said in the telegraph article, or by anyone here so for anyone who can't watch the video, he said he's had a couple of injections to reduce the pain but he was still feeling a bit of pain when playing for the U21s, so he's not as close to fit as you'd imagine after he played 90min for them.

Not watched the Udders match yet, will do tonight (too busy to make away games lately. Only make time for home ones because already paid for!!) The other games were a bit to early to judge Butterfield. Clearly a talented player from when he's played against us. Wasn't really sure of his most suited role.

I thought that there was a period of about 20 minutes at Huddersfield when he just ran the show, orchestrating attacks.

Tore his medial ligament in a tackle in the first minute against Bolton. That's pretty harsh.

Wasn't said in the telegraph article, or by anyone here so for anyone who can't watch the video, he said he's had a couple of injections to reduce the pain but he was still feeling a bit of pain when playing for the U21s, so he's not as close to fit as you'd imagine after he played 90min for them.

I heard he was in line for being on the bench against uddersfield. Didn't happen but hope he is back soon. 

Archived