Bryson Interview on Rams Player 26/10/15

JAT

Feeling for Bryson after watching this interview. Comes across a little deflated and under valued in a squad that has become so much stronger since his strong season nearly two years ago.

Really hope it works out for him!

http://www.player.dcfc.co.uk/latest-news

Gist of the interview is he's got 90 minutes of play in, but still a little uncomfortable. Feels he is quite a way off from being able to push back into the first team.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic , i'm not surprised Bryson is feeling deflated , what has he done wrong 

to warrant all his criticism other than be injured and lose a bit of form ?

I don't think he's done anything wrong and was clearly in Clement's plans before the opening game.

Don't think he's done anything wrong either... You're going to be naturally disappointed if you've been injured and chomping at the bit to get in... He's got a battle, but I'm sure he's ready for it

I would imagine Bryson would be frustrated with his injury that's all, knowing that whilst he's been out we've spent £10m on 2 central midfielders, on a unbeaten run, Hendrick has also come into form and the boy wonder William can't be far off light training.

That's a lot of players for 2 positions in the current formation.

I've not noticed any more criticism than usual either tbh, however some may see it as we have moved on and no longer a first choice starter which Vallyram would strongly disagree with. 

Competition is good tho and if Bryson get's a chance he will know he's got to take it. 

Nice that we're no longer in the position where we have to rush players back. 

Well, had a season on fire followed by turning down a move to Burnley only to be in poor form, out of favour and told to play in ways that don't suit him. Got some of the stick as things fell apart as well.

Then Clement comes in, rates him, starts him on opening day and twenty minutes later BOOM, that's you pal. tough 18 months or so for anyone. I'm sure he'll get back and remind us to never write off a grumpy Scotsman.

Wonder if he'll be sold in January? Great Championship player, I'm a fan of his, but you could argue he's behind Hughes, Thorne, Johnson and possibly Hendrick as players who could step up to Premier League level. Given he's got a fight on his hands to get back in this team, and we'd probably invest in further talent when we go up, is now the opportunity to cash in on a very valuable Championship player?

Looks like he's hit the fitness hard too as seems to have dropped a bit of weight.

Think we're going to need a good FA cup run this year to get some game time for players.

This. I'd definitely like us to have FA Cup games with the players who aren't playing as much as they'd like in the league. Bent for example.

This. I'd definitely like us to have FA Cup games with the players who aren't playing as much as they'd like in the league. Bent for example.

I'd also want to see us play something other than a 4-3-3  in cup games too. That's not because I don't rate that system, but would just like to see what other players can bring to the table.

Wonder if he'll be sold in January? Great Championship player, I'm a fan of his, but you could argue he's behind Hughes, Thorne, Johnson and possibly Hendrick as players who could step up to Premier League level. Given he's got a fight on his hands to get back in this team, and we'd probably invest in further talent when we go up, is now the opportunity to cash in on a very valuable Championship player?

For the right offer, perhaps. But Clement rates him, which may be a factor in it. We'll see. I personally would love to see him force his way in, but the squad is stronger now than it was on opening day. I suspect if Celtic came in he'd be off like a flash though.

Bryson will be back in the first team before the season is out. Fit, and played in his right role, he's brilliant at this level. Hasn't been either for 18 months. 

My view on the FA Cup is to play the second eleven until we get knocked out. We do not need the money, we do not need the game practice, we do not need the injuries. let's get promoted and take it from there.

We don't need the money? How do you think Mel has got the money he has....pretty sure he hasn't got a money tree at the bottom of his garden. Pretty sure any revenue from a cup run would be greatly appreciated

Archived