Tom Ince

mumblemumble

"Derby County have announced that Tom Ince is to undergo a scan to assess the injury he received at the weekend.

The Rams now have a large squad to cope with injury worries but injuries to key players is still a worry for Paul Clement.

Tom Ince the influential Rams wide midfielder had to come off in Saturday's game with Huddersfield in the 26th minute with a knock to the ankle. Ince limped off the field but it is not known yet just what damage has been done.

Tom has been wearing a protective boot since the game but more will be known about the injury and any medical treatment he may need once the scan is complete."

Hopefully nothing too serious, will be a big loss if it is.

The article above mentions the strength in depth, but do we really have a direct replacement for him?

Weimann and Dawkins are not wingers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. I nearly made a thread last week about what happens if Ince or Russell drop.

Surely you need four wingers to cover for injuries or lack of cover. Weimann continues to prove, as he has been doing for the last 2 or 3 years, that he isn't a winger. Dawkins seems to be completely out of favour.

We need to sign two wingers still and I'm very surprised at the lack of movement. Maybe Klopp would let Ibe come back.

Exactly. I nearly made a thread last week about what happens if Ince or Russell drop.

Surely you need four wingers to cover for injuries or lack of cover. Weimann continues to prove, as he has been doing for the last 2 or 3 years, that he isn't a winger. Dawkins seems to be completely out of favour.

We need to sign two wingers still and I'm very surprised at the lack of movement. Maybe Klopp would let Ibe come back.

Doubt liverpool will let anyone out when so many of their attacking players are dropping like flies, west ham on the other hand.....;)

"Derby County have announced that Tom Ince is to undergo a scan to assess the injury he received at the weekend.

The Rams now have a large squad to cope with injury worries but injuries to key players is still a worry for Paul Clement.

Tom Ince the influential Rams wide midfielder had to come off in Saturday's game with Huddersfield in the 26th minute with a knock to the ankle. Ince limped off the field but it is not known yet just what damage has been done.

Tom has been wearing a protective boot since the game but more will be known about the injury and any medical treatment he may need once the scan is complete."

Hopefully nothing too serious, will be a big loss if it is.

The article above mentions the strength in depth, but do we really have a direct replacement for him?

Weimann and Dawkins are not wingers.

I'm not too sure Ince is either based on what I have seen so far this season!

This was the worry, that something would happen to one of the two wide men, as Weimann isn't a wide man and Dawkins is nowhere to be seen. Are we going to be entering the loan market? While Bennett is more of a forward than wide man, I would still like to see him get a shot. 

But I would take Ibe back in a heartbeat and it isn't silly for people to suggest we have a chance. If he came he would do so with a recall option and it wouldn't be for the season. Last week they had 4 forward players out. By next week all may be back except Ings. Klopp would be wise to let Ibe get game time and if they need him back he will be more ready than he is sat on the bench. He's played the equivalence of around 3 full matches so far this season (professional matches). 

What does it say to the squad if we simply bring in a loan when a regular starter is injured? We have two strikers with Premier League and international experience struggling desperately to get game time. We have players in the U21s champing at the bit to come through. It's time for Bent/Weimann/Dawkins to try to force their way into the breach and for the coach to work out how to enable that. In the process, we might discover a formation/style of play that makes us more free-scoring than we've shown so far.

PS Hope Tom recovers quickly as he's a very talented player to have in our team.

If Ince is only out for a game or two, give Calero or Santos a chance - even if it's on the bench. No point having a development squad if the players aren't given a chance to step up. If he's out for a while / the u21s don't deliver then dip into the loan market. 

I hope that Wiemann does turn good, but I think this highlights why signing a winger instead would have been handy....

If Ince is only out for a game or two, give Calero or Santos a chance - even if it's on the bench. No point having a development squad if the players aren't given a chance to step up. If he's out for a while / the u21s don't deliver then dip into the loan market. 

I hope that Wiemann does turn good, but I think this highlights why signing a winger instead would have been handy....

We wanted another Russell. Someone who is capable of playing as a wide man and forward. Weimann doesn't seem capable of being a Russell. While I agree that we should give a chance to our own players, with Dawkins nowhere to be seen, if we suffer just one injury we are short. I hope people are not already forgetting what happened to us at the start of the season with injuries.  

This may not be  a popular opinion, but Bennett is far more capable of being a Russell than Weimann. Bennett is also capable of scoring from outside the box. Calero for me wants a free role between CM and Martin. Not out on the wing. 

Tom is a game changer so it s always a delight to see him on the pitch but Mountain Ram is right .. We have under 21's and young players and of course Weiman. It precsiely times like this when those knocking on the door get a chance. Hanson came in when George and Mascarel got hurt .. He did the business .. And is pushing at least for the bench or even a start. .. So bring on our own resources 

(but 'd have Ibe back in a flash ?)

Archived