Tom Ince

mumblemumble

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it a lot these season that I find it strange we haven't brought in a kid from the PL to come in on loan (Like an Ibe or Bamford etc..) Having only 2 wingers was always a risk.

Think what served us so well at the start of last season was having 4 wingers who could rotate onto either flank. That kept things fresh and kept opposition full backs guessing.

He's struggled to make an impression but wheras I think he took people by surprise last season, this season managers are identifying him as a serious threat and telling their defenders to double/triple up on him to make sure he gets nothing. It's good in a way as it takes defenders away and is giving Martin and Russell more space. Glad he'll be back sooner rather than later.

I've said it a lot these season that I find it strange we haven't brought in a kid from the PL to come in on loan (Like an Ibe or Bamford etc..) Having only 2 wingers was always a risk.

Think what served us so well at the start of last season was having 4 wingers who could rotate onto either flank. That kept things fresh and kept opposition full backs guessing.

Last quarter of the season, we had Russell, Ward, Dawkins, Lingard and Ince and couldn't buy a win.

I think we've tried to buy rather than loan on purpose. Too vulnerable to them being wanted back at their club (Ibe) or not giving a **** (Lingard).

right balance, the team needs an Ince for luxury and magic and sparkle and a Russell for workrate, pest factor and honest job. JR + Ince would be better than 2 of each if you catch me.

Be good to see Weiman in the side a bit though, i feel we aint seen anything of what he can really do.

would you see Weimann as a replacement for not quite fit Ince though? Not sure which he is yet..although so far he's been more pest than magic! Shame cos was genuinely excited by his signing.

Yeh, that's what I thought really...Weimann seems to be more in the nippy, mithering defenders vein, than the mercurial playmaker. Dawkins is more of a replacement for Ince for me...but that obviously isn't going to happen!

Dawkins isn't training with the first team 

Wiemann did well at Huddersfield when he came on for Ince. 

Good to see he's only out of the Rotherham game, looks set to be fit for the qpr game. Wouldn't mind him being rested against qpr for the forest game, especially if weimann plays against rotherham and plays well.

I'm sure Ince will get some stick from the forest fans for not having the best loan spell there, hopefully that drives him on.

Thought Ince was having quite an average season. He's been pretty tidy and had the odd rare moment. If Weimann can do more than that then Ince shouldn't just walk straight back in.

Ince has been playing because of what he can do. Can't live off that forever

Thought Ince was having quite an average season. He's been pretty tidy and had the odd rare moment. If Weimann can do more than that then Ince shouldn't just walk straight back in.

Ince has been playing because of what he can do. Can't live off that forever

I agree, but Ince's performances at Reading and MK Dons have effectively kick-started our season.

I agree, but Ince's performances at Reading and MK Dons have effectively kick-started our season.

I agree and I've never really felt like complaining that he's always starting. But in what, 13 games? Most of it has been forgettable. Not poor, just meh. Just the odd flash to remind us why not to grumble about him. 

Just him being injured I can't see being a major blow. It's an opportunity if anything for us to get a bit more from thar Right Wing position. Weimann comes in needing to perform. And he'd have to be poor to not better the Ince that played Blackburn, Wolves, Udders etc. So we can expect to be no weaker. 

If Ince can come back and have to be better than he was... well, last season's performances were brilliant.

Archived