Eranio sacked over allegations of racism

admira

The former Rossoneri and Rams attacker claimed that black players cannot concentrate for 90 minutes, and has now been dropped from his position on a Swiss TV channel

Former AC Milan and Derby County winger Stefano Eranio has been sacked from his punditry position on Swiss television over allegations of racism. 

The 48-year-old was commentating on the Champions League clash between Roma and Bayer Leverkusen and, following an error from defender, Antonio Rudiger, criticised black players in general.

The Roma centre-back was at fault for a Javier Hernandez goal in the 4-4 draw, playing the Mexico international onside, and Eranio subsequently claimed that black players are unable to concentrate throughout the 90 minutes.

"Black players, when they are defenders, they often make errors because they are not able to maintain concentration,” he said.

“They are physically strong, however, when they have to think about what they're doing they make mistakes."

CSR quickly issued a statement distancing themselves from Eranio’s comments, and he has now been fired by the Swiss television station.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2015/10/21/16547232/former-derby-winger-eranio-sacked-from-tv-channel-amid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets not be hasty.... let him show his research...

I doubt there's any research that can prove such an accusations! All players, regardless of ethnicity have lapses of concentration. Agreed, some more than others, but this is more likely due to environment they were developed in not the colour of their skin!

I have seen no evidence to support that view, apart from it being totally out of order to suggest it. I would expect anyone who is stronger and fitter to be able to hold their concentration longer, not the reverse.

A nutritionist would agree!

I have seen no evidence to support that view, apart from it being totally out of order to suggest it. I would expect anyone who is stronger and fitter to be able to hold their concentration longer, not the reverse.

subject A = Frank Bruno

subject B = Stephen Hawkings

you do the math(s)

Don't want to hammer the guy, but on the face of it...REALLY disappointing. Can't see any excuses at all...just ignorant. 

Sure Big Ron wasn't the co-commentator?

Not sure where he even started with that train of thought...it's like saying tall people are amazing at fixing cars, whilst people with hairy backs are good with money...totally random thing to say!

We've been blessed with lots of good defenders..off top of my head, fav's include...Stimac, Wright, West, Carbonari, Shackell, McGrath, Laursen.....hard to work out what characterises them as good defenders...but what colour they are isn't one.

Archived