How great is our Bradley Johnson

Curtains

Johnson is the best player though lol 

Then Thorne if his knees hold out and then Hendrick and Butterfield 

Then Hughes and Bryson and Hanson. 

Think Thorne is the best all round player, Hughes is the best technically. It's horses for courses. Johnson is the only real midfielder we have who is as good at the dirty stuff as he is at going forward, and has the drive and determination to drag everyone else through a game with him.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Thorne is the best all round player, Hughes is the best technically. It's horses for courses. Johnson is the only real midfielder we have who is as good at the dirty stuff as he is at going forward, and has the drive and determination to drag everyone else through a game with him.

It's early days but Johnson as you say is the one to keep us going and we haven't seen the best of him or Butterfield yet. 

Hughes I hope comes back stronger and as you say he is a very gifted technical player. 

Thorne has great vision and awareness and I hope he keeps fit now. 

Jeff is a super player who needs to be more consistent and has the drive and eye for goal. 

Bryson is box to box all action and I hope he's fit soon. 

Hanson is developing well and needs to keep improving his game and is a great lad. 

Agreed.

He can do everything. As much as we said in the Mcclaren years that we have the best midfield. We also complained of no plan B, and they did have their limitations. If we had Johnson last season we wouldnt have finished 7th thats for sure. He's like a Seth Johnson with ability.

In my opinion Johnson is the best all-round midfielder we have. Not just basing this on his time here because it's hard to make a real judgement on a short number of games. He can defend if needed, but also attack. He scores goals. He gets stuck in and seems a real nuisance to play against. His passing isn't the best but with other players in our squad, that doesn't matter as much.

He's actually been part of a successful side and held down a regular place in a PL side who finished 11th. Something we can't say about many of our players let alone other midfielders. If all fully fit I would play Thorne, Hughes & Johnson as it gives us a good balance of everything. But with Jeff's form he's hard to leave out. You can't dismiss a £4mil+ player in Butterfield immediately and of course Bryson cant just be written off either. It's a good problem for a manager to have as the saying goes.

Seriously though, on paper, Johnson, Hughes, Hendrick, Thorne, Bryson and Butterfield fighting over 3 spots is ridiculous. I'd say any of those players would be an automatic starter for probably at least 20 of the 24 sides in this league right now.

Agreed.

He can do everything. As much as we said in the Mcclaren years that we have the best midfield. We also complained of no plan B, and they did have their limitations. If we had Johnson last season we wouldnt have finished 8th thats for sure. He's like a Seth Johnson with ability.

FTFY

I'm also a Johnson fan. He's basically a step up from Bryson, who for me was the "workhorse" of our 3 midfield Supremes; the others being the technical/creative Hughes, and the quarter-back/down-right-dreamy Thorne. Perfect combination.

Johnson is the key player at Derby County for me now. He has power, vision and great passing ability. The best thing that I can say is that he has found the right team and will be Captain in time. I said it first on here, he is a potential Dave Mackay figure in influence.He is the key to dominating midfield against any team in this league. My only concern is that he will take on unnecessary tackles and get injured. Butterfield needs to develop his game and become more like Johnson., whilst retaining his present skills. Derby can afford to be more aggressive because we need to beat the other aggressive teams at their own game on occasions. Thorne should tackle less and only when really necessary. I have seen statistics for John Terry where he has dominated the attackers but only made three tackles in the game.

Yeah, Butterfield needs to get a move on and sort his weak genes out so he's much stronger like Johnson. It's lazy if you ask me.

I agree that Thorne should be more aggressive but make less tackles. Perhaps he could run around looking angry and snarling at opponents (but not, I repeat NOT tackling them). It would give us an edge we've been lacking. I also agree that he should look at John Terry's role as a last-line-of-defence covering centre back who avoids the need to make tackles and transfer that to his completely different role as a frontline ball-winning midfielder with creative abilities.

Yeah, Butterfield needs to get a move on and sort his weak genes out so he's much stronger like Johnson. It's lazy if you ask me.

I agree that Thorne should be more aggressive but make less tackles. Perhaps he could run around looking angry and snarling at opponents (but not, I repeat NOT tackling them). It would give us an edge we've been lacking. I also agree that he should look at John Terry's role as a last-line-of-defence covering centre back who avoids the need to make tackles and transfer that to his completely different role as a frontline ball-winning midfielder with creative abilities.

Excellent post Penelope.:D

What evidence justifies you to say 'terrific'?

He's been no better than average so far which is slightly better than the rest of the side.

I would hate to think what you must think if we actually sign a player who has a significant impact.

errr this ?

i would love to know what this is if it is not a significant impact ( it turns green when Johnson start playing)

image.jpeg

Archived