Aye aye...changes afoot...

Pearl Ram

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I open a DCFC Fans dealership on the main road I may include text. On the forum itself? No. 

If you Google Derby County Forum you will see DCFC Fans, click the title and know where you are. 

If you bookmark us, our name will be on the bookmark.

If you come via social media you will see our username and the URL in the profile which tells you who we are.

I'am totally comfortable and happy this is the right direction to take the forum branding.

Anything other than the official Ram just dunna look raite.

The one chosen is ***** tbh but any variant of the iconic Ram would.

I would buy a t-shirt with just "dcfcfans" on it without a strangely shaped rams head.

A Che Guevara type t-shirt with Boycie's face would sell by the shed load I reckon..

Anything other than the official Ram just dunna look raite.

The one chosen is ***** tbh but any variant of the iconic Ram would.

I would buy a t-shirt with just "dcfcfans" on it without a strangely shaped rams head.

A Che Guevara type t-shirt with Boycie's face would sell by the shed load I reckon..

Already been done Utch!

dogfunny-280_1235361a.thumb.png.5ee89daa

This is the problem, I would love to slap the official ram up there but I can't, not without a grand + a year licence then 12% of any sales, I really don't think people are getting this, to use the logo I have to pay £1250 every 12 months then hand over 12% of sales. 

Merchandise is the next step to really try and push this site on.

Make the horns smaller like the official ram, tilt the head like the official ram, before you know it we're back to square one. 

Yes it doesn't look like the official ram, I know that and it never will be unless the club decides to back down on licensing fees to fan sites.

Take a look at other fan forums, see how many have attempted a custom logo, LTLF just plain text, Red Cafe plain text, it's so hard to get it right, recognisable yet not close to infringing copyrights.

This is the problem, I would love to slap the official ram up there but I can't, not without a grand + a year licence then 12% of any sales, I really don't think people are getting this, to use the logo I have to pay £1250 every 12 months then hand over 12% of sales. 

Merchandise is the next step to really try and push this site on.

Make the horns smaller like the official ram, tilt the head like the official ram, before you know it we're back to square one. 

Yes it doesn't look like the official ram, I know that and it never will be unless the club decides to back down on licensing fees to fan sites.

Take a look at other fan forums, see how many have attempted a custom logo, LTLF just plain text, Red Cafe plain text, it's so hard to get it right, recognisable yet not close to infringing copyrights.

I fully understand all that, I just wonder whether the words/letters "dcfcfans.uk" alone would become a recognisable logo without a rams head of any description?

I fully understand all that, I just wonder whether the words/letters "dcfcfans.uk" alone would become a recognisable logo without a rams head of any description?

And have Death Cab for Cutie fans coming on asking who the hell is Jake Buxton? :D 

Archived