Aye aye...changes afoot...

Pearl Ram

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my eye, the new logo would be excellent for Derby Trailblazers, looks like a basketball, or a left hand holding a ball.

Not being a negative ninny, just a opinion, maybe rotating it slightly so the nose points forward may help?

@Daveo Well at least I can now post on my laptop, but cant on my phone it has stopped loading the reply box but worked fine before the new logo. ( And I have cleared cache etc..) Oh and the phone thing isnt just on my windowsphone its on my android one too

1. Dont like not having the dcfcfans.uk in the banner it looks really really bare and nondescript

2. Dont like the new logo  - the horns look really weird to my eye - to perfectly round and really our of proprtion to the head. It looks more like a Horse with Princess Leias hairdo

On PC, the bit under the logo that says "Forums" is a different shade of black to the banner, which the OCD inside me really hates

edit: seems to be the same when viewing from new content, but different shade when actually on a topic.

Look, I get people will love it, some will hate it. There is no way I could please everyone, used to that now so I'm ok with it.

The design I initially created also had mixed reviews, some loved it, others said it looked like a cup and unprofessional, on Twitter I was asked when they could buy t shirts.

I wanted a custom logo, we had to move away from using parts of the official logo, I paid a designer with the brief of a minimalist logo, as soon as I received it I loved it. Was exactly what I wanted. 

Played around with some text and it didn't feel right. Plenty of sites now go with a logo, no text, it takes time to establish a brand so it's instantly recognisable and I'm going with it, what I feel is right.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and I'm sure with the merchandise designs I have in mind are up and running we'll shift a few, wasn't expecting every single member to buy one. :) 

Look, I get people will love it, some will hate it. There is no way I could please everyone, used to that now so I'm ok with it.

The design I initially created also had mixed reviews, some loved it, others said it looked like a cup and unprofessional, on Twitter I was asked when they could buy t shirts.

I wanted a custom logo, we had to move away from using parts of the official logo, I paid a designer with the brief of a minimalist logo, as soon as I received it I loved it. Was exactly what I wanted. 

Played around with some text and it didn't feel right. Plenty of sites now go with a logo, no text, it takes time to establish a brand so it's instantly recognisable and I'm going with it, what I feel is right.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and I'm sure with the merchandise designs I have in mind are up and running we'll shift a few, wasn't expecting every single member to buy one. :) 

Don't believe you unless you get the logo tattooed on your body somewhere.

Archived