Thoughts on SS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As put above, probably best for the 1884 thread, but my take in a nutshell

First 10 mins is great with flags, banners, singing then everything else depends on the quality of football and scoreline.

Improvement will only come when every individual takes responsibility for it and we work out a way of trying out new songs.

Suggestions welcome.

As put above, probably best for the 1884 thread, but my take in a nutshell

First 10 mins is great with flags, banners, singing then everything else depends on the quality of football and scoreline.

Improvement will only come when every individual takes responsibility for it and we work out a way of trying out new songs.

Suggestions welcome.

Giant karaoke machine pointing towards the South Stand, with Rammy dressed as a conductor.

Well if you can't be arsed to look for the other thread:

Atmosphere is still shocking, there's just more balloons and flags. It's not the guys fault though, can't fault their effort.

Just as a fan sat in another part of the stadium - I think this is a bit harsh and the reason I ask is what are you genuinely looking for?

I think Brighton two seasons ago and Forest games aside (Although day matches against Forest especially at noon are not great) its almost impossible.

Pricing of tickets means the fans that are more likely to shout and scream cannot afford to go regularly. However I also think it means its safer outside the stadium as the fans more likely to cause trouble don't go.

Name me one club in England who genuinely do create an awesome atmosphere every game? Certainly every Championship ground I've been to (Roughly 15 of the existing teams) I've not come away from any of them bowled over and would say most if not all are worse than us.

So I'd say two things:

1) Well done to the continued efforts of the 1884 group - I think you have made a difference and I do see more noise, albeit in spells but it has got better.

2) Until ticket prices get better which is close to guaranteeing a full house every game (Twenty is plenty for home and away!), we will never reach this peak. I find it sad that when we give 3000 tickets to away fans and they can only sell 1000, that 2000 empty seats impacts the atmosphere.

Just as a fan sat in another part of the stadium - I think this is a bit harsh and the reason I ask is what are you genuinely looking for?

I think Brighton two seasons ago and Forest games aside (Although day matches against Forest especially at noon are not great) its almost impossible.

Pricing of tickets means the fans that are more likely to shout and scream cannot afford to go regularly. However I also think it means its safer outside the stadium as the fans more likely to cause trouble don't go.

Name me one club in England who genuinely do create an awesome atmosphere every game? Certainly every Championship ground I've been to (Roughly 15 of the existing teams) I've not come away from any of them bowled over and would say most if not all are worse than us.

So I'd say two things:

1) Well done to the continued efforts of the 1884 group - I think you have made a difference and I do see more noise, albeit in spells but it has got better.

2) Until ticket prices get better which is close to guaranteeing a full house every game (Twenty is plenty for home and away!), we will never reach this peak. I find it sad that when we give 3000 tickets to away fans and they can only sell 1000, that 2000 empty seats impacts the atmosphere.

You've got to be joking about the people that cause trouble! Do you think the DLF were a bunch of scruffs on the dole?

I would say that the South Stand have been a bit quieter this season, but the majority of the football played at the iPro since last March has be pretty rubbish. We (well not 'we' in the West Stand, but 'we' as crowd in general) sing a lot when we're winning and are also pretty noisy when the game is exciting. When we're losing the South Stand joins in with the nervous shuffling - but they just don't have charisma to pull it off as well as we do in the West Stand.

You've got to be joking about the people that cause trouble! Do you think the DLF were a bunch of scruffs on the dole?

Its a well known fact that the less money you have the more uncontrollable the thirst for violence becomes!!!! 

atmosphere shocking ???  christ  what do people expect ? It's English football not European!  We don't all sing and bounce all game it's just the nature of our game ! You can't have everything if you want it to be a place you can take your kids and feel safe but still have a good atmosphere then it's just about right ! I'm friends with a lech poznan supporter and he tells me the atmospheres insane every game ! But you couldn't take the mrs and kids ! It's about getting the balance right !

PSG have one guy that co-ordinates the chants and songs via a mic and sound system, he sits in the lower section of the Boulogne end stand and starts the fans off. PSG give permission for the sound equipment to be used.

Works very well but re RR's point the Boulogne boys are PSG's ultras so not a family friendly end to sit in.

What was atmosphere like back in the old days at BBG. Not in the mid 70s when we were winning the league, but before and after when we were more at the same level as today?

Was it a cauldron of noise with 100s of unique and new witty songs? Or was it still loads of moaners and a home crowd that only really got behind the team when we were winning?

I presume the atmosphere was a lot more edgy as it could kick off at any moment, but did that translate to supporting the players on the pitch? 

I like the quietness in the west stand personally... 

1) It means I can tell if something good is happening from my usual position curled up in the foetal position whenever Shotton comes on/the opposition moves towards our defence at any point...

2) I like to think it makes it easier for the linesman to hear me yelling obscenities in his/her direction when they're turd...

Been in there three times now, don't think I'll ever go back in. I never thought the atmosphere in here was great, I thought I'm surrounded by knobs constantly groaning and berating the players. 

Heard more chanting but each song never lasted long before fading out. 

The standing is great but not worth going in over the other 3 stands for.

Saying that, Curtains is in the West and that worries me slightly 

Supporting Derby County in the late 50s and early 60s was a labour of love ,and a 12000 crowd was a good attendance.

We travelled up and down the 2nd and 3rd divisions and the ist division was a distant dream ,no disrespect to the club but we were just journeymen in the lower league s.

All noise came mainly from the popside,it could be a dismal place to be.To a rams fan we called it a proper football ground,

after all it was our home.Little did we know it was to be our theatre of dreams,and the magic a certain Mr Clough would bring to our lives,and how the gates would swell ,with history being made.On reflection it was a dump,but the atmosphere

we created was great..The ipro is a modern stadium of which we can be proud,and to me i think were we came from on the clubs journey.The South  Stand puts fans behind both goals ,this is our popside.And when inportant games are played the

Atmosphere will be great..History makes a ground ,and our s on Pride Park is on going.

The south stand is our s and long may it continue,hopefully safe standing next.

Archived