Fans Forum

Day

3 hours ago, I Am Sheep said:

Still anyone out there calling for Mascarell?

What a chuffing donkey. Sorry but the lad isn't going to amount to anything in any competitive football league.

I just heard Mascarell mentioned followed by a strange silence from all of his previous supporters.

Swap the name Mascarell for Eustace and you're about there.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DC-1975 said:

From watching the stream last night:-

Paul Clement comes across as a down to earth bloke, with no ego, who's quietly confident in his abilities.

Mel Morris is passionate and determined.

Darren Wassall clearly loves his job.

I'm not really interested and don't understand the finance stuff, so I'll leave that to the experts.

Good times ahead for Rams fans

Don't understand finances too well either. Hull have a legacy spend of £30m. Is it dumb not to know what that means?

But not to worry about FFP should be good news to us all. 

Forest fans will be confused snd gutted. 

Dyche will be furious

4 hours ago, I Am Sheep said:

Still anyone out there calling for Mascarell?

What a chuffing donkey. Sorry but the lad isn't going to amount to anything in any competitive football league.

I just heard Mascarell mentioned followed by a strange silence from all of his previous supporters.

There may be criticisms of Mascarell but Donkey is just plain idiotic. 

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't understand finances too well either. Hull have a legacy spend of £30m. Is it dumb not to know what that means?

But not to worry about FFP should be good news to us all. 

Forest fans will be confused snd gutted. 

Dyche will be furious

Given the context of FFP - I think the legacy spend refers to the the spend of the last few seasons in the Prem, and any associated wages of said players:

13/14 season net spend c£24.5m

14/15 net spend c£10m

That's my guess anyway. 

32 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Given the context of FFP - I think the legacy spend refers to the the spend of the last few seasons in the Prem, and any associated wages of said players:

13/14 season net spend c£24.5m

14/15 net spend c£10m

That's my guess anyway. 

I would guess that it'll be the amortisation of player values - for the accounts the transfer fees paid are divided between the number of years of the contract. Assuming that we spent £20m in the summer and all those players were given three year contracts, then next season that will cause us to have an instant 'loss' of £6.66m (plus any similar losses from previous windows) - unless we sell any of them.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I would guess that it'll be the amortisation of player values - for the accounts the transfer fees paid are divided between the number of years of the contract. Assuming that we spent £20m in the summer and all those players were given three year contracts, then next season that will cause us to have an instant 'loss' of £6.66m (plus any similar losses from previous windows) - unless we sell any of them.

Aha, of course. 

This is probably why player contract lengths are so high these days. It wasn't so long ago that most contracts were 2-3 years. I remember when someone (forget who) was given a 4yr contract and there was a sharp intake of breath in all the media. Now 4 and 5 year contracts seem to be the norm...

With regards to Mascarelle I think most people would agree his strengths were not in defending.

However, could we have achieved just one more point with him in the side rather than out injured?

For me its the same with Sammon - not as good as Martin or Bent, but probably better in that role than Russell when the other two were out injured. 

A few observations....

clearly they are a highly motivated and committed group, but they struggled to react to a difficult question(?) that was off message.

the chris martin question was perfectly fair. It even transpired that they are clearly working on something for january.

they struggled with the question though.

they could have said simply that they are working on it, but instead chose to imply criticism of mcclaren by suggesting that he was stubborn in sticking to 433,

They then contradicted that argument by saying that scoring goals wasn't the problem. so mcclaren was right?

i'd agree that GT,  Shackell  and the absense of Lee Grant have all made a big difference at the back, but it was puzzling that such a simple question threw them. The guy's suggestion that it would be better not to have to change the system (if Chris is out) was perfectly  reasonable, as was the observation that the alternative diamond formation was too narrow. 

It just didn't fit with the message that the senior team had all the answers already sussed.

I'd agree that the academy info was the highlight.....and that Darren Wassall came across well.

22 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

With regards to Mascarelle I think most people would agree his strengths were not in defending.

However, could we have achieved just one more point with him in the side rather than out injured?

For me its the same with Sammon - not as good as Martin or Bent, but probably better in that role than Russell when the other two were out injured. 

Is Mascarelle the sister to Omar Mascarell?

On 30 October 2015 at 11:28:37, RamNut said:

A few observations....

clearly they are a highly motivated and committed group, but they struggled to react to a difficult question(?) that was off message.

the chris martin question was perfectly fair. It even transpired that they are clearly working on something for january.

they struggled with the question though.

they could have said simply that they are working on it, but instead chose to imply criticism of mcclaren by suggesting that he was stubborn in sticking to 433,

They then contradicted that argument by saying that scoring goals wasn't the problem. so mcclaren was right?

i'd agree that GT,  Shackell  and the absense of Lee Grant have all made a big difference at the back, but it was puzzling that such a simple question threw them. The guy's suggestion that it would be better not to have to change the system (if Chris is out) was perfectly  reasonable, as was the observation that the alternative diamond formation was too narrow. 

It just didn't fit with the message that the senior team had all the answers already sussed.

I'd agree that the academy info was the highlight.....and that Darren Wassall came across well.

But when said memberh of the audience started to believe he would be a better Derby coach is when it became a bit farcical.

Those types of questions are not sensible questions for me at a fans forum as it can potentially back the manager into a position where he has to criticise, and then there is no need or desire for that. Clement quite rightly didn't talk about how the club played under a previous manager - should respect that and then Sam isn't the coach.

For me the forums are to discuss the strategies, policies, direction, finances of the club. It's not to have a go at the tactics employed by the manager on the field. 

45 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But when said memberh of the audience started to believe he would be a better Derby coach is when it became a bit farcical.

Those types of questions are not sensible questions for me at a fans forum as it can potentially back the manager into a position where he has to criticise, and then there is no need or desire for that. Clement quite rightly didn't talk about how the club played under a previous manager - should respect that and then Sam isn't the coach.

For me the forums are to discuss the strategies, policies, direction, finances of the club. It's not to have a go at the tactics employed by the manager on the field. 

I think that probably the question could have been better worded. "We all saw what happened when Chris Martin and a few others were out injured last year. Are there plans in place should something similar happen this year?" may have been better 

I agree with them that Chris is probably irreplaceable in terms of a direct back up signed full-time. If he got injured you'd have to look at a loan. I also agree that it would be possible to set us up without him by using Bent and shifting tactics slightly. Not as effective maybe, but doable. The problem last year was losing Thorne/Eustace plus Martin and running out of competent centre halves and yet still playing the same way. We won't face that combination of setbacks again in the same way.

Archived