Ched Evans wins High Court appeal

Day

30 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

If it wasn't for drunken birds like this I'd still be a virgin

Imagine though, going out with the lads to Ritzy's on a Friday night, finally somehow flukily, managing to pull, you get her home for a 3 minute knee-trembler, you meet up with the lads to brag about your immense stamina the next day, then on Monday morning, you get arrested for rape.

Believe it or not, this happened to my friend's son in 2014. He's never been the same since. Won't even speak to girls on a night out. Was dragged through the courts, and eventually acquitted. Thankfully, his good character meant bail and not remand during the 15 months the police and CPS built a case.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Imagine though, going out with the lads to Ritzy's on a Friday night, finally somehow flukily, managing to pull, you get her home for a 3 minute knee-trembler, you meet up with the lads to brag about your immense stamina the next day, then on Monday morning, you get arrested for rape.

Believe it or not, this happened to my friend's son in 2014. He's never been the same since. Won't even speak to girls on a night out. Was dragged through the courts, and eventually acquitted. Thankfully, his good character meant bail and not remand during the 15 months the police and CPS built a case.

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Anon said:

Slow news day I suppose. "Man Arrives At Court Holding Fiances Hand" doesn't seem like much of a revelation to me.

you say that. Had the feeling been he was going to get a guilty verdict, all the news outlets would be back outside the court.

Will Evans have any recourse should he be found not guilty - loss of earnings / compensation for time spent inside?

Also, there were some high profile people took as stand against him Jessica Ennis, Ed Milliband and Paul Heaton to name but 3.  I wonder if they will issue apologies?

2 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Will Evans have any recourse should he be found not guilty - loss of earnings / compensation for time spent inside?

Also, there were some high profile people took as stand against him Jessica Ennis, Ed Milliband and Paul Heaton to name but 3.  I wonder if they will issue apologies?

Doubt it. Unless she is proved to be a liar, which doesn't seem to be the question. More about points of law.

Can't see anyone being expected to apologise based on what a court later decided they'd got wrong.

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Doubt it. Unless she is proved to be a liar, which doesn't seem to be the question. More about points of law.

Can't see anyone being expected to apologise based on what a court later decided they'd got wrong.

Ok cheers.

From the limited points I know about this case it seems that there are no winners.

15 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Don't really remember what stands they took but not sure why they should apologise, even if he is found not guilty it does not change the fact that he's a dirty scum bag who cheated on his partner.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't really remember what stands they took but not sure why they should apologise, even if he is found not guilty it does not change the fact that he's a dirty scum bag who cheated on his partner.

bit strong innit. I'd wager that someone very close to you has cheated on his or her partner, as it's such a common thing. 

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

No and no

Thing that annoyed me most when he was training with Sheffield United again was the reaction from all of their patron's etcetera. Can't have this character at Bramall Lane blah blah blah! Remove my name from the stand if he signs blah blah blah!

Marlon King had joined them about four months earlier and not one kicked up a fuss. 

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I am sure you can only claim if its proven the police are proven to have been negligent in bringing the case to prosecution, or if its 100% clear the accuser was lying.

Those who took a stand, well I guess it was based on the fact he was at that time found guilty so they don't really have anything to apologise for, if however their stance continued if he is found not guilty then that would be wrong.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, cannable said:

Thing that annoyed me most when he was training with Sheffield United again was the reaction from all of their patron's etcetera. Can't have this character at Bramall Lane blah blah blah! Remove my name from the stand if he signs blah blah blah!

Marlon King had joined them about four months earlier and not one kicked up a fuss. 

They probably never even cottoned on, it wasn't high profile in the press in the same way. You are right though.

9 hours ago, cannable said:

Because one person of poor repute didn't get the criticism doesn't negate all future criticism of others. I don't get it - it's like the Clarkson debacle; because the BBC got it wrong about Savile, someone else is exempt from criticism about punching a colleague. How does that work?

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

bit strong innit. I'd wager that someone very close to you has cheated on his or her partner, as it's such a common thing. 

I would still treat them as a dirty scumbag.  They would not have my trust or friendship, as I see, it you cheat on your partner, who you share your most intimate feelings with, then what other deception are you capable of?  And yes a childhood friend of mine has cheated and their peer group has disowned them, not just one or two the whole lot.

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers, and is now just throwing money at the legal system to buy a way out.  Spend enough money you can find a loophole somewhere.

Archived