Ched Evans wins High Court appeal

Day

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep and I think cheating on your partner equates to both. Just my personal opinion though. Like you say it's happening every day with lots of people.

as it happens, I don't believe in cheating, I couldn't cope with it happening to me, and see it as betrayal, and have never cheated myself.

However, that's a standard I force upon myself and any potential partner.

Others, however, have a different outlook. I know swingers, people who openly sleep around. I know people who've left their partners for other people. I have family and friends that have split up. But I also know others that have worked through it (an affair etc).

I don't believe people following their instincts are generally scumbags, after all, it's societal influence that impress the virtue of monogamy.

Some people get together for religion, others for money, some relationships happen as a result of geographical things. 

But, in Ched Evans's situation, he's a millionaire playboy, probably took advantage of many female star-struck or gold-diggers in his time. Makes him a knob, and not a bright person, certainly not someone I'd want a female in my family associated with. BUT, I'm told (not sure it's true) that his current missus went with him when she knew he already had a bird.... karma? She's still with him.

There are people are lot better than Evans who've somehow separated sex and loyalty.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

as it happens, I don't believe in cheating, I couldn't cope with it happening to me, and see it as betrayal, and have never cheated myself.

However, that's a standard I force upon myself and any potential partner.

Others, however, have a different outlook. I know swingers, people who openly sleep around. I know people who've left their partners for other people. I have family and friends that have split up. But I also know others that have worked through it (an affair etc).

I don't believe people following their instincts are generally scumbags, after all, it's societal influence that impress the virtue of monogamy.

Some people get together for religion, others for money, some relationships happen as a result of geographical things. 

But, in Ched Evans's situation, he's a millionaire playboy, probably took advantage of many female star-struck or gold-diggers in his time. Makes him a knob, and not a bright person, certainly not someone I'd want a female in my family associated with. BUT, I'm told (not sure it's true) that his current missus went with him when she knew he already had a bird.... karma? She's still with him.

There are people are lot better than Evans who've somehow separated sex and loyalty.

I have only really known one couple where one of them cheated, it led to divorce.

Ched Evans isnt on his own in being a rich footballer and cheating, wayne rooney did, peter crouch. Yet their partners stand by them, you do have to wonder if money is the reason.

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'll have to introduce you to my ex wife.

Ha, not sure I want to increase the number of people I know.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I have only really known one couple where one of them cheated, it led to divorce.

Ched Evans isnt on his own in being a rich footballer and cheating, wayne rooney did peter crouch. Yet their partners stand by them, you do have to wonder if money is the reason.

PistoldPete2

So far, prosecution has said she didnt know what was happening when she had sex with the two footballers. and that even now she cant remember what happened. Well if she cant remember what happened how does she know she didnt know what was happening at the time?

Sorry this is case is just ridiculous. And you just cant get away from the fact that one of the accused has already been acquitted. If this was  a boxing match it would be called off by now.

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Ched Evans isnt on his own in being a rich footballer and cheating, wayne rooney did, peter crouch. Yet their partners stand by them, you do have to wonder if money is the reason.

Maybe In some cases but certainly not in Evans case. His girlfriend comes from money and that isn't supporting him to make sure she gets the money....she has more than he does. 

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Maybe In some cases but certainly not in Evans case. His girlfriend comes from money and that isn't supporting him to make sure she gets the money....she has more than he does. 

Must be his personality then

Sith Happens

Just read Story on BBC news he told the police when questioned 'I could have had any girl in the bar that night'....doesn't think much of himself then. ********.

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Just read Story on BBC news he told the police when questioned 'I could have had any girl in the bar that night'....doesn't think much of himself then. ********.

I know that feeling...

...normally comes after about 10 pints about the same time that I think I could fight any bouncer and win! It's what I like to refer to as 'going home time'.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I know that feeling...

...normally comes after about 10 pints about the same time that I think I could fight any bouncer and win! It's what I like to refer to as 'going home time'.

10 pints? Look at you showing off. :D

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I know that feeling...

Yeah, going home with bouncer after getting beaten up by girls in the bar.

Could happen to any of us.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah probably a dumb thing to say ... it could be taken either way. On the one hand its a fair point why would he need to rape someone when he can get his rocks off anytime he wants. On the other hand someone who has such a sense of entitlement could be regarded as an arrogant tw@t who wont take no for an answer.

Looks like the police , and the BBC chose to make the latter interpretation.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yeah probably a dumb thing to say ... it could be taken either way. On the one hand its a fair point why would he need to rape someone when he can get his rocks off anytime he wants. On the other hand someone who has such a sense of entitlement could be regarded as an arrogant tw@t who wont take no for an answer.

Ched  seems to be short of a mate who will tell him to stop being a ****.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Crown Prosecution Service - not the police. The police merely present the evidence they have.

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ched  seems to be short of a mate who will tell him to stop being a ****.

I think his missus is that mate. hes lucky to have someone like that , who has stuck by him and has had the wealth to try and get justice for him. Unfortunately there are probably many people in our justice system who dont have that support.  

10 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

You can't stop being a **** just because a mate tells you. If you're a **** then you're a **** and always will be and nothing will change that. Step forward Mr Evans.

Been a bit harsh with this post. Let bygones be bygones I guess. I just don't like the man's attitude towards this woman (guilty or not) and his sordid behaviour. His head, face and remarkably his hair are also so overtly square which annoys me.

On 7 October 2016 at 21:33, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Been a bit harsh with this post. Let bygones be bygones I guess. I just don't like the man's attitude towards this woman (guilty or not) and his sordid behaviour. His head, face and remarkably his hair are also so overtly square which annoys me.

Well the latest seems to be so called friend of the claimant who claims to have had sex with her in very similar manner to that described by the footballers .. She pulled him, wanted it vigorous , and even woke up with the guy saying she had no recollection of the previous night, he claims.

he says his motive for coming forward is not a potential reward of £50,000 for his evidence but because the lady is lying. Dunno why he thinks she is lying... It just sounds like she has a peculiar condition which causes her to forget things that happened the night before. Anyway, ched evans is still not guilty whichever way you slice it.

Archived