Whoscored characteristics of players new and established

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did we sign Weimann if he has many weaknesses but no apparent strengths? No wonder Clement isn't giving him a starting berth.

Why isn't Christie starting every game as he has no weaknesses?

Why is Russell a striker if his weakness is finishing?

God help us if our keeper has a weakness in catching crosses. English football is based largely on lumping high balls into the box.

Interesting.

The data backs up what I've seen of Weimann so far. He's not really impressed me yet.

Not sure how Darren Bent can NOT have a strength of "finishing". Surely that's what he's best at?

Also enjoyed the fact that Keogh has a weakness of "crossing". How stupid. If your Centre Back is putting in crosses, you've got more to worry about than whether he's good at it or not. You need to be re-thinking your tactics!

Also enjoyed the fact that Keogh has a weakness of "crossing". How stupid. If your Centre Back is putting in crosses, you've got more to worry about than whether he's good at it or not. You need to be re-thinking your tactics!

He has played right back in his career before, and clearly he didn't impress anyone with his crosses.

Interesting.

The data backs up what I've seen of Weimann so far. He's not really impressed me yet.

Not sure how Darren Bent can NOT have a strength of "finishing". Surely that's what he's best at?

He has played right back in his career before, and clearly he didn't impress anyone with his crosses.

I think it has more to do with Keogh getting the ball after a corner, he probably gets it more than most down the other side of the box, and when he crosses the defender wins more often than not.

On Darren Bent, at times he is actually quite wasteful, and takes shots on when he should probably pass. 

If anything Carson has nothing but impressed me from crosses so far. They clearly watch selective games, and none in the second half of last season if Forsyth's strength is passing.

Our CB pairing both also can't tackle, which is promising.

The best centre backs don't tackle. They either read the game and intercept, or shepherd the attacker away. As a pro defender you only tackle when the attacker has got away from you and is clean through on goal (ie. you have no other choice).

Reason: tackles are risky and there is a relatively high chance of free kick / booking / penalty.

Don't read too much into the tackles statistic. It's one of the least important.

Thought this was interesting too, from Derby's main page.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20

Derby Characteristics

+ Strengths

Coming back from losing positions

Strong

Protecting the lead

Strong

- Weaknesses

Finishing scoring chances

Weak

Aerial duels

Weak

Defending against long shots

Very Weak

Derby Style

Possession football

Control the game in the opposition's half

Short passes

Attack through the middle

Rotate their first eleven

Non-aggressive

Thought this was interesting too, from Derby's main page.

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20

Derby Characteristics

+ Strengths

Coming back from losing positions

Strong

Protecting the lead

Strong

- Weaknesses

Finishing scoring chances

Weak

Aerial duels

Weak